Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

My fairing in my PS has developed some cracks. I think the cracks only is in the paint. At least I can not see cracks inside the fairing.

The cracks are all having the mirror attachment as a starting point and they are about 1 inche long (25mm).

Is this a common problem???

If it is then I will not buy a new fairing because it will then happen again.

Ciaooo

Moller

·
Registered
199 Posts
Urgh, sorry!

Just one data point, but I do not have the same problem with my '06 PS.

I will say that the mirrors do feel quite insecure though!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Hello All

My fairing in my PS has developed some cracks. I think the cracks only is in the paint. At least I can not see cracks inside the fairing.

The cracks are all having the mirror attachment as a starting point and they are about 1 inche long (25mm).

Is this a common problem???

If it is then I will not buy a new fairing because it will then happen again.
I've got 4 fairings. Two are used one off a 1000s and one off a Paul Smart, not that it matters that I bought from ebay or here and the two original fairings on my PS and 1000s and none of these have signs of cracking around the mirrors and I do still run the original mirrors on them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you O_2 and MotoFiend

I just bought a new fairing so I hope the paint will match

Ciaooo

Moller

·
Registered
199 Posts
Gents - it's really not THAT cold in Denmark. ;-)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Cold enough to make plastic brittle!
al·leg·ed·ly
/əˈlejədlē/
adverb. used to convey that something is claimed to be the case or have taken place, although there is no proof.

Example: "the poor Danish chap has cracked fairings that are allegedly as a result of the bike being Denmark, even though we have no idea where the bike is stored, how it was handled and zero data points of any other cracked fairing in cold climates"

:wink2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts