Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen quite a few great photos of the GT1000 center stand, but I still have yet to see photos of the paul smart/'06 SC1000 center stand.

Can someone take some photos of this stand

There is a difference between the two stands. Neither of those stands will fit the sc1000s or the '07 sc1000. But, i'd like to see them because I feel like i can probably cut and weld on them to make them work on my '07 sc1000s.

thanks,

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
I've had a Paul Smart center stand for . . . . oh . . . six months now. It's still in the box. :eek: I just can't make myself put it on the bike. I keep thinking about ways to reduce the weight and then I look at the center stand and it just doesn't make sense to add it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you get a chance, even a pic of it uninstalled would help.

I rode through canada this fall and I'm riding to Indy for the Moto GP in the coming fall. I really feel like I need a stand if I'm going to be riding from NY to Indy.

Anyway, I've started to think about designing a stand for the SC1000S, and the '07 SC1000.

I'd probably cut it out of 3/8" or 5/16" thick aluminum plate to save weight. I'd weld the foot pads, spring tangs, foot tang and cross bar on.

I think I can work it so that it doesn't reduce the riding/leaning clearance on the bike. I marked the two typical scrape points on the muffler in the picture. The only thing that might reduce the riding/leaning clearance is the foot tang. I was able to build a similar center stand for my BMW r75/5 and I put the foot tang a little behind and below the muffler. I was a little harder to rock the bike up on to the stand, but I didn't reduce the riding/leaning clearance at all.

I've attached two views, one with the stand up and one with the stand in the up and down positions.

I'd be interested to hear any comments/advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I've had a Paul Smart center stand for . . . . oh . . . six months now. QUOTE]

Wow. I didn't even know that one was available. How much to they cost? What are they made of?

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Wow. I didn't even know that one was available. How much to they cost? What are they made of?
It is a Ducati part. I think I paid around $250 . . . maybe less. I would have to go back and look. They are steel that is painted (or coated?) black. All in all it looks like a well made piece of equipment. I just haven't gotten around to putting it on. (And I don't see much need since I have a Pitt Bull rear stand and a Baxley Sport Chock for the front.

I'll try to take some photos.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
I've had a Paul Smart center stand for . . . . oh . . . six months now. QUOTE]

Keep an eye out on eBay. There are a couple there and I just this morning got one in the mail that I got there for a steal at $113.

·
booyakasha!
916 Posts
...I rode through canada this fall and I'm riding to Indy for the Moto GP in the coming fall. I really feel like I need a stand if I'm going to be riding from NY to Indy.

...I'd be interested to hear any comments/advice.
That would be awesome! I have always wanted to put a centerstand on my 1000S.

I'll be first in line for one.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I think i'm going to buy either a gt1000-center-stand or an 06-sc1000/ psmart-center-stand. I'll use that to start and see how far modifying it will take me.

Geospencer, did you ever take those pics of your 06-sc1000/ psmart-center-stand? I already have good pics of the gt1000-center-stand. I want to know which one is a better starting point.

Does anyone have a center stand that they're not using that I can buy from them?

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts