Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it was on here but I can't find it in search mode.

Passenger seat pack that doesn't mar paint is what I was curious about.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I got one of those waterproof stuff sacks made out of plastic. Also mounted a couple of hook loops on each pannier. Stuff sack goes where a passenger would sit. Cargo net goes over the top, hooked to the loops on the panniers. Totally waterproof. Look in the Tourmaster catalog. They sell it all. (Although I bought only the loops from them.)

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
Have a look here at Andys Strapz www.andystrapz.com

He has some really great straps and packs plus other gear he has made or found useful in his travels. His prices are good and postage very tidy.

Craig

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hi Rob,

I've been wondering if one of those DP ones for monsters or 1098s wouldn't fit. They have a bit thatr goes under the seat and zips on.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Rka

I think RKA makes a seat bag that attaches to the seat & won't mess with your paint. www.rka-luggage.com I have 2 of thier tankbags & can say they make a quality product. Also made in USA. I have a MotoFizz seat bag that I got from Aerostich & like it a lot- many nice features. There are 3 different sizes, I have the small one. They have straps so you need to protect your paint. I bought some Sniders Paint Guard, also from Aerostich & put it on my tail-section in the areas where the straps rub. It's clear static stick, not adhesive & it's hard to even tell it's on there. Hope this helps.
Gregg

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good stuff there fellows. I'm checking out the Australian set up Rosco!

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Kiwis make some great luggage too, see here

http://www.ventura-bike.com/products.aspx?type=SeatBag

Craig
yea, I got the ventura rack sys last year and like it when packing a lot.
But for small trips I'd like to find a back that could just sit on the passenger seat. I was out fooling around with the sport rack and if I cut one of the
cross bars out I can put it own forward over the stock grab rail and then most any small pack can sit just above the pas. seat. That's my plan now.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just reading about the A bags and really was surprised to find he has them in oil cloth. Now that's what I want. Sent off to find the price.

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
yea, I got the ventura rack sys last year and like it when packing a lot.
But for small trips I'd like to find a back that could just sit on the passenger seat. I was out fooling around with the sport rack and if I cut one of the
cross bars out I can put it own forward over the stock grab rail and then most any small pack can sit just above the pas. seat. That's my plan now.
Yep mine too, I am not a fan of big bags too far back on the bike.

Ventura do a seat pack that doesn't require the rack, thats in the link I sent you.

The prices for Andy Strapz bags are on his site, but you are probably checking post cost? The oil cloth bags are also available in cordura I think.

I have opted for waterproof bags and Andy's piggy back straps, used with some loopz.

I am planning on the big trip down to Phillip island for the Moto GP in October, and we are planning for the worst as far as weather, and hoping for the best. So we have to be prepared, as we will be camping trackside with no mod cons.

Craig

·
Registered
654 Posts
I am planning on the big trip down to Phillip island for the Moto GP in October, and we are planning for the worst as far as weather, and hoping for the best. So we have to be prepared, as we will be camping trackside with no mod cons.
You know it... Last year on the way out some bits of hail hit my tank bag and bounced up inside my helmet. It was a hypothermia kind of day if you know what I mean...

Trying to con Aunty L into taking a support vehicle. Burnout fun in Cowes main street.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
Hey Rossco,

Good photo of the squids on their Tupperware Torpedoes.

Last time I was in Cowes newsagent 20 years ago I had a brief but pleasant conversation with the great Freddie Spencer.

Hows the organising going for our big trip?

Too bad the Italians couldn't belt the Kiwis more; the Frogs are holding their own at the moment, lets hope we prevail.

Craig

·
Registered
654 Posts
Sorry was asleep. Get up at 4.30am everyday.
Yeah it'll be great if Aunty L takes the car because we can take some chairs, a proper esky, and a barby. She said she would but then she had a bottle of red for lunch.
The boys got back from Buenos Aires Wednesday.
Its either 5 or 7 going at the moment depending on whose got a licence.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts