Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good way to carry a spare helmet on an ST, so that it's secure and will not scuff paint.
Jim

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
jamesn said:
Anyone know of a good way to carry a spare helmet on an ST, so that it's secure and will not scuff paint.
Jim
Yeah,put it in the Panniers!

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
A helmet should fit inside the pannier if you position the helmet as indicated on the diagram inside the pannier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yea, they fit in the panniers unless you have an extra large helmet then I've found that it's a real tight fit and puts strain on the hinges.

Leave the passenger at home, riding a ducati 2up isn't nearly as fun. Get a cruiser or beamer for 2up riding.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Stef said:
Leave the passenger at home, riding a ducati 2up isn't nearly as fun. Get a cruiser or beamer for 2up riding.
Wooo, if my wife heard you say that... we have some fur flying! LOL

The ST4S is a brilliant 2up mount... best I've ever had. Even though it's oodles lighter than the FJRs and STs we've had... it is VERY composed with a passenger... it just doesn't have nearly the same weather protection.

Yesterday, we put 140 miles of twisties on, in less than 3 hours and the tires are all boogery, from edge to edge. Aside from a little lack of whip-passing pep with a full-sized pillion, the ST4S is a killer 2up mount, IMHO.

:)

·
Registered
288 Posts
First get yourself one of those Sargeant or Ducati Performance Touring seats.

Then, flip up the bungee hooks from underneath.

Put the helmet on the passenger section of the seat.

Use one of them "cargo net" type of bungee thingies over the top of the helmet and hook it to the exposed bungee hooks on the seat.

Make sure that the net is tight enough to hold the helmet securely.

;)

-Bob

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
LiquidSilver said:
Wooo, if my wife heard you say that... we have some fur flying! LOL

The ST4S is a brilliant 2up mount... best I've ever had. Even though it's oodles lighter than the FJRs and STs we've had... it is VERY composed with a passenger... it just doesn't have nearly the same weather protection.

Yesterday, we put 140 miles of twisties on, in less than 3 hours and the tires are all boogery, from edge to edge. Aside from a little lack of whip-passing pep with a full-sized pillion, the ST4S is a killer 2up mount, IMHO.

:)
I was chuckling thinking the same thing. My wife is "the" reason I have the ST4s. It was her idea and it is brilliant as a 2up sport tourer.

·
Administrator
12,973 Posts
+1 on what Ryan says. I have a Sargent seat and use a bungee net. The flip out hooks on the Sargent are great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts