Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any option for a passenger backrest for a 2018 1200?

I see corbin makes one for a 14-16 but when I called them, they said they do not offer one for a 2018.

are the seats interchangeable? or does anyone else make one?

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Maybe you could get Corbin to show you a pic of the seat bottom so you can compare it to yours ?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Interesting thread and subscribed.
A removable backrest for my Monster 1200R would solve my problem for two-up riding as my wife insists on a backrest.
I'm considering trading my beloved Panigale (combined with my wife's CBR300R which she does not want to ride) for a Multistrada because of this issue.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Interesting thread and subscribed.
A removable backrest for my Monster 1200R would solve my problem for two-up riding as my wife insists on a backrest.
I'm considering trading my beloved Panigale (combined with my wife's CBR300R which she does not want to ride) for a Multistrada because of this issue.
Could you put a rack/bag or a topbox on the back of the Monster, and still have the bike you like and make it safer/comfortable for the pillion?

I have a topbox on the back of the 848 Superbike (purists look away), and my wife says it's the most comfortable bike she's been on the back of.

You could argue it might ruin the look of the Monster, but would it ruin it more than replacing it with a Multistrada...? :)grin2:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could you put a rack/bag or a topbox on the back of the Monster, and still have the bike you like and make it safer/comfortable for the pillion?

I have a topbox on the back of the 848 Superbike (purists look away), and my wife says it's the most comfortable bike she's been on the back of.

You could argue it might ruin the look of the Monster, but would it ruin it more than replacing it with a Multistrada...? :)grin2:)
I have spend the last weeks looking how to fit my Givi top box (with backrest) to my new 1200s Anniversario. I had an SW Moteck rack on my previous Monster but this doesn’t fit the new model.

I have found one solution with venturi racks who also do a back rest only solution. Have a google.
I have not found another option and be aware the rear frame of the 2018 1200s is the same as the 1200r .

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
It’s an excuse for not riding. If you get the back rest she still won’t ride. Did you ever not ride a motorcycle when you had the chance because of the seat ? My buddy and both have back rests hanging in the garage because our wives claimed they needed one to ride. It doesn’t happen.

·
Registered
334 Posts
It’s an excuse for not riding. If you get the back rest she still won’t ride. Did you ever not ride a motorcycle when you had the chance because of the seat ? My buddy and both have back rests hanging in the garage because our wives claimed they needed one to ride. It doesn’t happen.
I think it depends on the wife... mine will take any opportunity to ride, backrest or not, but she (and I) feel safer with something behind her.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I've come to the decision that I don't want a backrest for the Monster. I like it the way it is.
I'll be getting a Multi to complement the Monster. However, your point is well noted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts