Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Has anyone added / purchased passenger armrests that can be attached to top case / frame of bike? My wife likes the comfort and security of feeling enclosed while on the back of the bike. Thanks All

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
IMO - That topcase is not stable enough to mount armrests... not by a longshot. It does OK with backrest because there's no lever to multiply any forces.

edit: DMP's link doesn't use the topcase... seems a bit sketchy from a safety perspective but better than trying to bolt something to the topcase.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
.....or take the car out of the garage

·
Registered
261 Posts
Even if it were possible to securely mount arm rests for the passenger, I'm not sure it would be safe. The Multistrada is a much lighter motorcycle than a full dress tourer, and the passenger seat is higher. Combine those two things and I would be concerned about the amount of path deflection a passenger could induce if they put their body weight on one armrest in a corner. Nothing the rider couldn't compensate for of course, except that they wouldn't be expecting it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
This prompted me to see if these things are available and they are but they look so flimsy; a hinged piece of plastic mounted on each side of a top box with only two small bolts. They do not look safe.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Has your wife gone for a ride with you as is yet? My wife always wanted to ride with me, but wasn't comfortable on the bikes that I had. She probably wanted me to get a Gold Wing next. When I came home with the Multi, she wasn't happy until she actually went for a ride. I have the top case only as a back rest and she is more than comfortable with that. Now she wants to ride all the time...

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Has your wife gone for a ride with you as is yet? My wife always wanted to ride with me, but wasn't comfortable on the bikes that I had. She probably wanted me to get a Gold Wing next. When I came home with the Multi, she wasn't happy until she actually went for a ride. I have the top case only as a back rest and she is more than comfortable with that. Now she wants to ride all the time...
Aren't you lucky!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts