Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
jcasella
Fast is relative, plenty of 750 2 valvers from the 80's were winning in twins racing F1's and such. Not going to compete with a 1989 FZR1000 on power but I would take any Duc over the 4 Cylinders.

I have had a number of customers buy 80's superbikes recently and it really is a trip to ride a 80's GSXR,FZR1000,GPZ1100 and now I have a VF1000 in the shop. Fun bikes all but Dated is not the word, Time-warp is.

Brad
Thanks for the heads up on the shinkos I have a distributor that sells them so I guess that means I sell them... who knew? lol maybe they will make desmocedicci rears soon to.

It is good that they are available as people were doing desperate things to keep bikes on the road. lets hope they keep selling them, Might even want to bag a set ...just in case.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
jcasella

I have had a number of customers buy 80's superbikes recently and it really is a trip to ride a 80's GSXR,FZR1000,GPZ1100 and now I have a VF1000 in the shop. Fun bikes all but Dated is not the word, Time-warp is.
i remember riding a vf1000r and being amazed at how slow and craptacular it was. i haven't ridden many of the 80's 4 cylinder bikes: 750 katana, sb4, fz750, fj1200, but they tend to put old ducatis in a new light when all you're used to 90's ducatis.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Paso is one of the most beautiful looking bikes ever built. Especially the 906 in red.

Do they have some problem with soft gears?

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
i remember riding a vf1000r and being amazed at how slow and craptacular it was. i haven't ridden many of the 80's 4 cylinder bikes: 750 katana, sb4, fz750, fj1200, but they tend to put old ducatis in a new light when all you're used to 90's ducatis.
The Vf1000R was a pig, it weighed 525lbs dry

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Why did it take so long? :)
If you mean why did it take so long to find one to buy I think the answer is that in new england they are few and far between. The one I found is the only one I have seen in person in 25 years. I've seen a couple advertised for sale but too far away to be worth it.

·
Buzzing the tower
996 Posts
So, so tempting!!!! Pretty bike that needs the attention of someone that cares, and has a spare 2grand. If I did, I'd grab it in a minute.
Damn.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Aside from the solid windscreen, I thought the Paso was stunning (still do) back in the day. Kicked the tires a couple of times. Ergos didn't really suit me, so never bought.
Probably was a mistake. Unique piece of motorcycling history in my book. I love looking a Ducatis (except for the multi-strada/lol) because they are ALL works of fine art.
Go ride one. They are fucking amazing bikes. I love mine.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts