Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've always kinda liked Paos's. Idle curiosity leads me to ask, does anyone know of an account of a successful attempt to put a desmoquattro/testastretta/evoluzione engine into a Paso frame, retaining the styling and bodywork?

Spin

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FYI folks,
Bradblack over on the Superbike section let me have links to 2 threads covering just this. It seems it cannot be done without some definite mods to the frame/tank/engine cases being used. Still a tempting idea though.

Spin

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
According to TomTom "Paso frame accepts a testastrettaII engine! I did all measurements on a frame and engine and it checks out".

Paint the frame red and it looks waaay better. I'm not kidding 0:)

·
Registered
82 Posts
OMG! I should've kept my '87 then plunk a 1098!!

(Back in the day, the k100rs, to me, looked like a spaceship , until I saw a black and white photo of paso in some book. Then that Built for Speed poster with the blond in white dress. One of the greatest bikes I ever owned. Much love. <3. )

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I used to have pictures of a Paso with an 851 engine stuffed in it, but the frame was highly modified. Several years ago I started stuffing a 916 from an ST4 into an '88 Paso 750, but I never completed the job. I had to cut the rail on the right front to clear the head, but never got around to the rebend/welding or making a removable, bolt-on section like the lower cradles. For a radiator(s), I was going to replace the oil coolers in the fairings with custom radiators and run an oil cooler down low in front. I had an ST4 swingarm stretched and modified to use the original Paso rear suspension instead of chopping up that section of the frame. I have absolutely no idea when I will ever get back to working on it. :(

Let's see if this link works...
https://www.ducati.ms/forums/40-sport-touring/692289-just-dropping.html#post6676817

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Hi All,

I've always kinda liked Paos's. Idle curiosity leads me to ask, does anyone know of an account of a successful attempt to put a desmoquattro/testastretta/evoluzione engine into a Paso frame, retaining the styling and bodywork?

Spin
Before Desmo Demon popped in here with his post, I was going to say "No, but Lord knows they could use the extra power...". ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts