Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
He's made difficult bikes work before...let's wait and see...I guess you don't watch 250 racing?
yea i've never watched him ride around mid pack.

hasn't he always ridden aprilias?

he rode 125 well thats it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i've never watched him ride around mid pack.

hasn't he always ridden aprilias?

he rode 125 well thats it.

Mid pack? He's 5th in the championship and won at Mugello! Of course he has always been on some kind of Aprilia variant but the Polaris team was a nightmare. The Toth Team isn't much better like when Aprilia pulled the electronics out of the bikes because Toth didn't pay the bills and he missed laps yet still qualified 5th. The guy has battled adversity and he has heart. Maybe that won't translate to the Ducati (as with Nicky), but Canepa isn't doing wonders so I say it's worth a shot. Have a happy day! :)

http://www.montgomerybikers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76821

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
he had 4 podiums with one race win last year but he also left the bike on the groud almost half the races and the rest he finished he was 6th,7th, or 9th.
best of luck to him

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I like to watch Pasini race, and he cant do any worse than Canepa.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Or Nicky, for that matter:eek:
LOL :D I am not a Hayden fanboy like some here.... but past few races he's been doing OK. I really think that consistant top 8 or so is about all Nicky is good for. With Stoner doing well that should be good enough for Ducati untill someone better moves up the ranks.
I really think that Ducati should make a run at the new GP2 class. It would give them a training ground for up and coming riders.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I really think that Ducati should make a run at the new GP2 class. It would give them a training ground for up and coming riders.
And run a Honda engine? Can you honestly see them doing that? They'd rather cut their wrists I'd presume.

Having said that, it will be amusing to see Aprilia doing the same thing though. A bike with great big Aprilia stickers all over it, but powered by a Honda engine.

http://www.motogpmatters.com/news/2009/07/20/aprilia_to_field_moto2_entry.html

·
Flavor of the Month
2,359 Posts
Does he have a messed up arm that could make it difficult to handle a bigger bike? I thought I heard the commentators say something like that sinces he's been on the 250s...I don't think it's as bad as Chris Elliot's hand/arm from Scary Movie 2.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts