Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I did search here and found nothing. Lately been finding that some KTM parts also fit the Ducatis and are a heck of a lot cheaper!! So in an effort to save money and help others save, I've been doing some research to make a cross reference list of known part swaps and prices if I can find them.
OK then, here's what I've got so far---please copy, paste, and add to the list if you can.
Ducati- starter/sprag clutch P# 70140071A price $194 models before 1098
KTM- starter clutch P# 58440026000 price $75 (must be installed backwards check arrow)
Oil Cooler Ducati 999 P# 54840431A 0r 749 P#54840412A $643!!!
KTM Oil cooler has a P# 43174 stamped on the top but I've yet to find a new price. They have been listed and sold "used" for the Ducati with the KTM on it (I've got one) and fit the same. Anyone got a KTM model listing and/or price?
Couple of other interesting things I've found. KTM lists a radiator for their 990 dual sport (I think) P#6003501000 $388.99 that looks an awful lot like ours but I can't be sure. Anyone? And they sell a neat shroud that attaches to the front and directs the air to the fan (it runs just one fan) that looks like it might work as a screen for a track bike??
Also KTM coolant tank P# 60035065000 $35 should work well as a coolant overflow tank when removing the air runner attached tank to go to CF units.
Please add anything/ comments you have.....
We gotta save some money here$$$
TIA
Steve

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got a 996 fuel filter from a BMW dealership and the spark plugs are the same as what is in a Honda jet ski, cant remember the exact numbers and whanot but handy info if you don't have a Ducati dealer around

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Speaking of oil filters...I like Wix oil filters. NAPA sells them as their house brand.

Wix #51352 (NAPA #1352) is the direct replacement for a Ducati filter.

Only downside is they're white. But that's better than orange!

(I think the last 4 I ordered cost me 7 or 8 bucks apiece.)

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I might add, I only started using Wix filters back in the '80s because of a magazine article. I was autocrossing a turbo GLH, and Turbo mag did an oil filter comparo.

They ran oil through a bunch of filter to check pressure going in and coming out. And they checked filter media amounts. Wix kicked ass. Hastings had more filter media, but acted as a cork because of the pressure drop. Fram was, well, Fram. Cardboard end caps and all.

I also think a Mann filter (german) from Carquest might work, but might cost a couple bucks more than the Wix. I haven't checked yet to make sure the size is right (16X1.5 MM).

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Also, the air filter panel for the 750/906 Paso, 851/888 and 900SS/ Monster was taken from the 924/944 Porsche.

The Wix number is 46127 (NAPA 6127).

I only add this since many guys don't want to go through the mess and hassle of cleaning and re-oiling a K+N air filter.

If you can buy air filters for 9 or 10 dollars, why pay $50 or $60 for a K+N? And then have to buy the oil for it?

And before someone chastises me for not wanting a performance upgrade, the stock filter panel is already big enough to supply a 2 or 2.5 liter engine with enough air.;)

·
Registered
225 Posts
zombie thread

Steve, did you ever find anything out about the - KTM Oil cooler has a Part # 43174 ??

·
Registered
125 Posts
Speaking of oil filters...I like Wix oil filters. NAPA sells them as their house brand.

Wix #51352 (NAPA #1352) is the direct replacement for a Ducati filter.

Only downside is they're white. But that's better than orange!

(I think the last 4 I ordered cost me 7 or 8 bucks apiece.)

Thank you for the great alternative. Unfortunately these seem to be few and far between at least out here in Washington state. The nearest one to my Napa dealer is in South Dakota.

At any rate, Napa part # 1032 is also an usable replacement, the only difference from the 1352 is the width of the gasket, it is 1/20 of an inch thinner. I have not tried one yet but think I might give it a go for $8.00. I will check my belly pan over the next few rides to confirm that the slightly smaller gasket is a non issue.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not really maintenance parts but you can use exhausts listed for a BMW S1000RR for a direct replacement on a Diavel if you use the Arrow link pipe. It all bolts straight up and gives you way more options. I'm sure it would be a similar story on other bikes that aren't under tail

1 - 10 of 10 Posts