Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a used 2017 white Multistrada with no panniers, I am wondering what should come with the new bike? The only things I can think of are: 2keys, manual, 3 pieces seat spacer and bolts? I read some where that the lock cylinders for the panniers are also included?

Also who sell the panniers for a good price? any aftermarket one is good?

·
Registered
869 Posts
The locks come with the paniers which are then keyed to match the bike if not on the bike at time of delivery..

At least that's how it worked for me, my paniers came a couple of weeks after I picked up my bike.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My 2015 came with the panniers from the dealer but it also came with a third lock cylinder for the top box. So you should have three cylinders in total that match the main keys.

Also a tool kit that includes the eccentric hub spanner, handle and chain tension gauge. All needed for chain adjustments. Kit will also have some allen keys and maybe a tire plug kit.

·
AARP Reject
2,926 Posts
There is also an extender for the front fender. Ducati does not install this because it can hang up on the optional engine guards.
Unless there's been a change, they also come with a larger rear hugger for winter use. The tool kit that came with my bike was somewhat irrelevant, but the accessories that matter to me are the chain gauge and afore mentioned half moon spanner for the eccentric. The rest of the tool kit is a pretty sad afterthought as has become the norm these days. Unfortunately, I must have misplaced the gauge so I'm reduced to using a metric rule for chain adjustment, not as convenient.

Added to every rider's kit should be a socket for removing the wheels. Lots of well equipped (non Ducati) shops one might encounter on a road trip won't have a socket for the rear axle nut and of course, you'll need it if you work on the bike yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts