Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of my carb rebuild and I have a cracked float assembly and my diaphragms are starting to dry and crack.

Problem is I can't search for parts on a website like pro italia without parts numbers because the bike is pre 2001. Does anyone have an online parts catalog with numbers?

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Ducati and most/every other bike brand do not make carbs. They buy carbs from manufacturers like Keihen, Mikuni, Dellorto, Weber or whoever.

Duc or whatever bike brand choose the carb size to suit the model and jets etc. from the carb manufacturer.

If you are looking for carb spares, look to the carb manufacturer's name and carb model, not the bike's name/model.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Right indeed! And same parts are more then often cheaper directly from the manufacturer.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Right indeed! And same parts are more then often cheaper directly from the manufacturer.
Not only maybe cheaper but also more likely readily available as that is their business.

My expectation would be that Duc dealers have day to day Duc specific/consumable parts in stock or readily available from the Duc importer. E.g. clutch friction plates, clutch springs etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried searching the mikuni site but didn't have much luck. What is the model of the stock carbs ?

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Capacity, model and year?

I don't know if the carbs changed but this is from the workshop manual for 91 - 96

750cc Mikuni BDST 38-B70

900cc Mikuni BDST 38-B67

If you search for Mikuni BDST info will pop up in your search engine. E.g. Mikuni Carburetors

Good luck.

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
You can get parts for these carbs at Yamaha dealers. They came on 91-93 TDM850. Not cheap but available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts