Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 996s that I’m considering parting out. Nothing wrong with the bike, it has a few items I’d like to use on another build. Main things such as engine (21k), newly painted gas tank, fuel system, throttle bodies, frame, subframe, brakes, controls, electrics, coolers, radiator, front forks and all aftermarket body work would be available. I’d be keeping rear suspension, wheels and a few other small bits. Bike has a clean title, engine runs good, just had service including belts. Just wondering if someone on here has experience parting out and is it worth it in the long run. Boxing and shipping is easy, not sure how one would ship engine and frame given the size and weight. Thanks for your time. I’m in the US.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Frames aren’t bad to ship, engines are. The 996 engine is probably the most valuable “bit” so my first instinct is, if you had a local buyer for the engine it might make sense, if not…

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2001 996s that I’m considering parting out. Nothing wrong with the bike, it has a few items I’d like to use on another build. Main things such as engine (21k), newly painted gas tank, fuel system, throttle bodies, frame, subframe, brakes, controls, electrics, coolers, radiator, front forks and all aftermarket body work would be available. I’d be keeping rear suspension, wheels and a few other small bits. Bike has a clean title, engine runs good, just had service including belts. Just wondering if someone on here has experience parting out and is it worth it in the long run. Boxing and shipping is easy, not sure how one would ship engine and frame given the size and weight. Thanks for your time. I’m in the US.
Hello, I’d be interested in a rolling chassis minus the engine. Looking to build an air cooled superbike. Thanks Matt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts