Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this may sound crazy but do you think I could get more then $10K if i part out my entire 2007 1098?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
So this may sound crazy but do you think I could get more then $10K if i part out my entire 2007 1098?
you can't sell it for 10k?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can't sell it for 10k?
Nope had it for sale for over 2 months. At this point i will just keep it, i just wanted to know if i took the time to tear it all down what it would be worth.

·
Registered
311 Posts
yeah, the bike market is ridiculious for sellers.....but with so many R's and S's floating around for nothing, selling a 1st year base model will be tough.

i have a buddy trying to get out of his 08 1098 track-only (clear title, but no street plastics). he's having a real hard time.

·
Registered
790 Posts
What's involved and cost shipping it to England? Too much hassle and cost I guess. I mean it's not that far. heh
I'd like a 1098, but no so soon. If I was looking now, I'd take that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so back to the topic, do you guys think i can get $10K+ for all the parts? Everything is in very good shape most of the miles are highway.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think you might be able to pull 10k if you part it out, but I don't think it'll be any easier selling all those parts.
+1. Make sure you account for the time/effort of tearing the bike apart, trying to find buyers for everything, packing & shipping to multiple buyers, etc. I think dealing with many different buyers & trying to sell all those parts might take a lot of time. How much is your time worth?

·
Registered
406 Posts
+1. Make sure you account for the time/effort of tearing the bike apart, trying to find buyers for everything, packing & shipping to multiple buyers, etc. I think dealing with many different buyers & trying to sell all those parts might take a lot of time. How much is your time worth?
+1

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
What's involved and cost shipping it to England? Too much hassle and cost I guess. I mean it's not that far. heh
Expensive shipping, probably get hit for import duty of around 5% plus VAT (tax) of 15% on top of everything (including shipping costs) and then registration costs etc, definitely a no-no. :(

·
Registered
274 Posts
its not the shipping to England that's expensive.
Its all the duties and taxes that get slapped on that don't make it worthwhile

1 - 12 of 12 Posts