Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was switching out my levers and I couldn't get the set screw out of the bushing to remove the actuating pin on the clutch side. I tried very carefully but I still striped the little 1.5 mm allen head. I carefully drilled it out but there was minimal damage to the threads of the actuating pin. I would like to purchase the bushing, actuating pin, and set screw. I cannot find any part numbers. I went on ducati of omaha's oem section and it seems like they left those parts out of the exploded view. Anyone have any ideas how to get the parts online. I will ask my dealer after this fails.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
After much haggling with my dealer, I discovered you cannot buy just those parts. You have to buy the whole new brembo clutch lever package in which they are included...:(

That is why you cannot find part numbers or them online...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
each part is listed separate, but they are lumped under one number. maybe they shouldn't put loctyte on a 1.5 mm bolt. :mad:
I tried heating it, but it was hard without damaging the lever. If I end up buying a new lever anyway, I should have melted the lever. ;)

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
each part is listed separate, but they are lumped under one number. maybe they shouldn't put loctyte on a 1.5 mm bolt. :mad:
I tried heating it, but it was hard without damaging the lever. If I end up buying a new lever anyway, I should have melted the lever. ;)
I was putting on my pazzo's -- could not get that little bast*rd out, so tried heating mine too. still no dice. Went to the dealer, begged to buy just the little parts -- no dice. Hunted on fleabay for a few months, until I rode 600 miles till my first service, went to the dealer, gave them the pazzo and they put it on for $30....cheaper than the lever package, never did find one on fleabay, and I had to ride around with mix-matched..all because of that damn little screw...

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts