Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
From what I can see, I like it ! Tell me about the tank you are using.

trid741 said:
I'm trying to build a F1 Replica before Terblanche brings one out - hopefully it will be ready this year.
I've attached a pic.
Rgds

·
Registered
196 Posts
Tank and seat are NOS. I found them at a buddy's dealership in Paris off the shelf. Tank must be from a later F1 because it's steel. Cap I found in ebay - new. It's not pristine - scratches and stuff but it's not going to be a show bike anyway, but a rider. I sort of like the mix of lod and new logos for now.
Rgds

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Yup, I had a 1981 Pantah 500SL. Second owner, bought here in the USA. It was my 1st DUC. Put plenty of miles (kilometers) on it.

Typical old-age performance DUC. Ran real strong, but would occasionally die at an idle. "They ain't meant for idling" is what I finally came to realize. Look, they put 36mm carbs on those 250cc cylinders...no wonder it didn't like to idle. Carbs that big, on bores that small, don't draft well at an idle. Hey, they put 32mm carbs on the 900ss's at the time! (the 40's were an upgrade/performance kit).

·
Registered
12 Posts
izban said:
Any Pantah bikers around?
I know this is an old thread, but I'm new on this forum and rode a Pantah for years. Mk 1 500SL my baptism of Ducati riding. I also had a 750 F1 Santamonica, one of the ultimate Pantahs you could say!! I preferred the standard F1 colours though so I got a second fairing. Mk 1 900 Superlight wheels & brakes and it handled aswell as it went!! I raced around for a bit on a fantastic 600TT2 that I shared with a mate. It had a great pedigree; coming second behind Tony Rutter in the '83 TT, imagine 122kg and 85 odd horsepower to play with.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Stick said:
Yup, I had a 1981 Pantah 500SL. Second owner, bought here in the USA. It was my 1st DUC. Put plenty of miles (kilometers) on it.

Typical old-age performance DUC. Ran real strong, but would occasionally die at an idle. "They ain't meant for idling" is what I finally came to realize. Look, they put 36mm carbs on those 250cc cylinders...no wonder it didn't like to idle. Carbs that big, on bores that small, don't draft well at an idle. Hey, they put 32mm carbs on the 900ss's at the time! (the 40's were an upgrade/performance kit).
... just reading what you wrote above, when riding the little 600 TT2 running 41.5mm malossi's and 'G' Cams, we ended up drilling & tapping the idle screw holes and put some in so that we could set some kind of idle (they don't normally come with any), normally about 2000 rpm!! but boy oh boy when it hit 6000 rpm it went off like a scalded cat!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
1981 Pantah

I have a very nice 1981 Pantah 500SL, From what I was told very few came in to the states. I just listed mine in the for sale area. Any one know what would be a fair price, I can't find anything to help me get a value? thanks Jay

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I sold my Pantah for about $3500 about 4 years back...

·
Registered
73 Posts
1990 750 Sport

I suppose I have a Pantah, but I am just learning about older Ducati's. Does anyone know the difference between my bike listed in the title and the F1? I'm doing a complete restoration on it, so I would like to hear anyone else's comments on modifications and parts..where to get them.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
F1

996SPS said:
1988 750 F1, 6000 miles. Also have a 2000 996 SPS since new and race it in novice GTO. Once I got used to the F1 it is great fun to ride but its no 996 SPS.
What all have you done to your bike? I just got a 90 750 sport and really like it. Do you what the difference is between these two models? See the photo of mine in this thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.