Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Found a pair of used 748R pankl titanium conrods that I can buy for 600 USD. Will cost me about 600 euro's including shipping and tax.
I am tuning my bike (888SP3) and was thinking of buying steel carrillo's, but these are a little cheaper and probably also a little lighter.

But I do not know if these will fit my bike. I read things about small end located (what ever that is), 19 mm versus 20 mm pin diameter etc.
Can somebody tell me if these conrods will fit my bike without any troubles?

I know I need to ask if I could reuse the titanium bolts :)

TIA,
Jacco

Nevermind: Just found out that the 600 USD was for 1 conrod. If it seems too good to be true, it is too good to be true :)

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Don't even go there. Carrillo all the way. Price some OE Pankl rod bolts, you'll die of fright. Ducshop sells them heaps cheaper but still frightful compared to steel rod bolts. Manual say only good for three torques. Do you want to take the risk?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Go with the Carrillos, they last forever and can be refurbished if you ever wear them out. Titanium rods have a recommended service life and most all of them for sale are available for that reason.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
What the other's said, also yes the wrist pin diameter on the pankl's is different.

The Ti rods are probably fine for street duty but they can stretch on heavy load over long periods hence the service life if the bike is routinely tracked.

Can't go wrong with the Carrillo's but saying you have titanium connecting rods does sound cool lol.

Reactions: SwiftFF5
1 - 4 of 4 Posts