Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've deliberated whether or not to post this thread for a couple of days because I think asking other people for their opinions on what you should like better is generally pretty futile. But, because I have a great deal on a Panigale V4S sitting in front of me, I am looking for advice.

Background: I have a Multi and I love it. It's the perfect bike. If I could only have one bike it would be the multi. But I don't need to have only one bike. Last week while at the dealer for some multi parts, I took the Panigale V4S for a test drive. Ho Lee Shit. The motor is glorious. So much more glorious than I had expected - amazing power, smooth at low speed, and the counter rotating crank was so much more effective than I imagined it would be. The twin firing sequence allayed any torque concerns that I had. The riding position is more comfortable than anticipated.

Since then I have been thinking about the bike non-stop, but really mostly about the motor. I get that it's hot. My commute to work is 25 minutes of mostly 2 lane roads with only a few stop lights and not a lot of traffic. I don't really care about the lack of a fuel gauge. I won't be taking long trips on it, thats what the multi is for. I also won't be likely doing any regular track days. I am too busy with family stuff and work. Weekend solo time is infrequent.

My biggest concern about the Panigale is road safety. The mirrors blow. Would it be harder to mount more lights to for giving oncoming traffic a better idea of my distance to an intersection? Is the rear brake light visible or vestigial? And then finally, does the riding position become too aggressive for a 42 yo dude with minor carpal tunnel?

I've decided that I want a bike with the V4. I'll probably upgrade the multi in a year or two when the motor is available. But I also like the idea of something sportier. The Streetfighter addresses some of the concerns about the Panigale as listed above, but is it too similar to the multi?

Is anyone in the same boat? Is anyone here waiting to trade their Panigale V4 for a Streetfighter V4? If so, why?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I've deliberated whether or not to post this thread for a couple of days because I think asking other people for their opinions on what you should like better is generally pretty futile. But, because I have a great deal on a Panigale V4S sitting in front of me, I am looking for advice.

Background: I have a Multi and I love it. It's the perfect bike. If I could only have one bike it would be the multi. But I don't need to have only one bike. Last week while at the dealer for some multi parts, I took the Panigale V4S for a test drive. Ho Lee Shit. The motor is glorious. So much more glorious than I had expected - amazing power, smooth at low speed, and the counter rotating crank was so much more effective than I imagined it would be. The twin firing sequence allayed any torque concerns that I had. The riding position is more comfortable than anticipated.

Since then I have been thinking about the bike non-stop, but really mostly about the motor. I get that it's hot. My commute to work is 25 minutes of mostly 2 lane roads with only a few stop lights and not a lot of traffic. I don't really care about the lack of a fuel gauge. I won't be taking long trips on it, thats what the multi is for. I also won't be likely doing any regular track days. I am too busy with family stuff and work. Weekend solo time is infrequent.

My biggest concern about the Panigale is road safety. The mirrors blow. Would it be harder to mount more lights to for giving oncoming traffic a better idea of my distance to an intersection? Is the rear brake light visible or vestigial? And then finally, does the riding position become too aggressive for a 42 yo dude with minor carpal tunnel?

I've decided that I want a bike with the V4. I'll probably upgrade the multi in a year or two when the motor is available. But I also like the idea of something sportier. The Streetfighter addresses some of the concerns about the Panigale as listed above, but is it too similar to the multi?

Is anyone in the same boat? Is anyone here waiting to trade their Panigale V4 for a Streetfighter V4? If so, why?
LED tail lights are very visible. No worries there. A flasher relay will blink the tail lights for you if you need peace of mind and increase your chances.
Same with mirrors, the horrible mirrors on all of these sportbikes prevent you from seeing that car barreling down on you with the driver updating their Instagram. Maybe best not to see...
As for Streetfighter V4, no one knows as it is not released yet. But if I had to guess I would say it is closer to the Panigale to ride and experience then the Multi for sure. Ergos somewhere in between obviously.
I don't have a V4 but my 1299S is very comfortable (with DP comfort seat) except for the heat it pours out in traffic. Seating position is very similar. Like you, 47 with mild keyboard wrists.

Motorcycle Ergonomics

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a Panigale 1199S and a Monster 1200R and ride them both for different reasons. I like the Panigale for it's power, weight, nimbleness, and the electronics. I like the Monster for the naked look and it's more upright and comfortable riding position, but it "only" has 160 hp and doesn't have the no lift shifting the Panigale has. So I'm thinking the new V4 Streetfighter can probably displace both of those bikes in one shot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts