Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I currently have a 2019 Tuono Factory (don't panic I've had multiple generations of Hypermotards). I used to do a little tiny bit of street riding but now pretty much only ride on the track.

I'm quite curious about the new V2 as a dedicated track bike. Has anyone done so? If so are there any pitfalls or other bikes to consider in that price range as a dedicated track weapon?

To me the allure of the V2 seems that it has all the components and electronics I'd want right out the box. Just put some track plastics and she's good to go, whereas I'd have to do some modifications for say a CBR, or ZX6R/R6 (electronics update), etc.

For context, I raced 600s in AFM years ago. Not looking to compete, just looking to ride for fun and improve my skill at my own pace.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
Why do you need convincing either way. Go ahead, knock yourself out. There will always be people giving advice to not track the pani. Lots of pro’s and the only con would be cost if you wad it up. Also take into account that the 12 is NOT a 600 and would possibly be a little intimidating. Have fun whatever you decide😃.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
If you can afford it, and you can handle it, go for it. It seems like you want to. Why would you not ?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks gentlemen - I just look at the 600 class now and nothing really excites me to want to jump on. The V2 seems special and a nice balance between the 600s and say a RSV4 or V4 Pani. Okiedoke. Looks like I know what I want to do. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts