Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I agree completely, I'm restoring a few vintage bikes right now and I don't see all of this electrical crap standing the test of time.

These bikes will be almost impossible to repair once the software is outdated.
Even now, if you don't have a $5000 dealer issue computer it's hard to get anything done.

I really wonder how cars and bikes will hold up after 20 years or so with all of this technology and the rate that it changes.

I'm wondering how the electronics will stand the test of time also. It might be really scary and expensive. I guess we'll find out as time goes on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
DUCATI 1199 Panigale Std. 2012 Model Only 819 Miles

Who the hell buy one, puts less than 1k miles and then trades it back in?
I just bought mine in March 193 miles. I’ll tell you why they sold it. I learned the hard way. The 2012 models had issues with burning rings, no safety recall was issued because it wasn’t safety related. The issue was later fixed in the 2013 1199 Panigale models. I’m stuck with paying 5.3k parts and labor now with 4K miles on the 1199

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
This is a ridiculous and completely unfounded statement, bruh!
Fixed it for ya... ;)

P.S. For the record, yah, I know this is a response 7 years in the making, but it was either that or calling out the RP with something like this:

P.P.S. I'd like credit for the term "RP"... Revival Poster. With any luck it will hardly ever be used. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
502 Posts
A rich Vancouver Chinese person - true story!
Here's another one:
A techie who never owned a proper bike, but works for a Silicon Valley Co that just went public and celebrated by buying a brand new Ducati for cash, full retail price - then rode it just enough to realize he's in way over his head, parked the bike in his garage, then sold it six months later as the realization dawned that he doesn't have what it takes.

These guys are like the lottery to real riders, so dont slag on em. They support the dealer with big cash, and buy down the price of a great, low-miles bike for us! Back in the day, I bought a basically new 996 mono with six months and 1600 miles on her, nice and minty, and with a full Arrow system.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts