Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have to assume you guys know that road very well, because you were certainly flying. And man, radial valve MVs make such a fantastic noise. I know riding the F4 mustve been a real workout to run with something as svelte as the 1199 at that pace.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think you'd be surprised, I remember the torque on my MV was mega, doesn't look like he's having to rev the nuts off it to keep up, would be interesting to see what rev range the 1199 needed to be kept in to go that pace.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yea, I would say that they know that stretch of road pretty good. But there
is nothing like passing on the double yellow approaching a turn at triple digit
speeds to give sport riders a good name.

RD

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Yea, I would say that they know that stretch of road pretty good. But there
is nothing like passing on the double yellow approaching a turn at triple digit
speeds to give sport riders a good name.

RD
Yeah, and this is in my 'backyard' too. Race skills should be exercised on the track, where innocent passersby aren't collected if you make a brain-out over the line move in a turn.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Man that makes me miss my MV :(

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Amazing sound from the MV... Almost harmonic with all the different tomes going on. 1199 sound sanity and racy... Only two cylinders to listen to but cool to see how it lugs from relatively low revs and then takes off from what I have to assume is about 6k rpm?

Amazing pace also... I don't know how to ride at that level, and don't necessarily think I would if I could... But I won't judge and I'm glad semi talented and semi insane people like this exist to post up some fantastic video footage.

Any ride perceptions switching from MV to 1199

·
Registered
7 Posts
I need to move somewhere with roads like that in my backyard like NOW

·
Bon Vivant
10,962 Posts
Fun if not a little stomach churning to watch. I rode like that with a few friends several years back but I just can't do it any more.
I got a few tickets and started riding on the track and my street riding has changed a lot.
My buddies still ride balls-out but I don't go with them any more.
Be careful guys :)

That is by far the best vid I've seen that conveys the sound of an MV while riding - it is truly magical
(makes the pani sound a little generic by comparison)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Cool vids but thats some pretty aggressive riding on a public road. One suprise and you be deaded.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I need to move somewhere with roads like that in my backyard like NOW
Florida IS a bit lacking in curves ... come to SoCal for a visit; it really is as close to biking paradise as you can get in the US (if running the twisties year-round is your thing).

·
Premium Member
2016 KTM Super Duke 1090R
189 Posts
great video and I love the roads you guys have. Stay safe.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not very clever on public roads guys. Remember its our families you share the road with. Find yourself a race track, it's much more fun and a whole lot safer for everybody.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
Very nice video I missed socal mountain roads. I'm also scared it's not a control environment or maybe I'm just getting older.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Must live the life of Riley. Ducati of Beverly Hills? Guess you have the money to pay for those tickets you'll be getting. Nice vid. I've taken a sprint to triple digits now and again but nothing like that. You've balls as big as churchbells.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
interestingly here the police are using their videos to bust people.while it might be hard to get a conviction in the long run,they still have impounded and court costs will mount up quickly.i wouldn't be broadcasting anything that could get me into trouble.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Take it to the track! You are giving us a very bad rap!:( Yes I used to ride like that on the street too, but not anymore and when I see people doing it, it pisses me off. I know it is fun but you will have much more fun on the track and you wont go to jail!

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Can we stop with the moral hypocrisy please and just enjoy these great videos. Everyone of us has made choices whether someone was watching or not... Good ones, bad ones... Just enjoy the video ok.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts