Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Picked up the FE today. Looks a bit different than most you've seen. I have been really struggling with the red wheels since the bike was unveiled back in July. Was able to source some anniversario wheels and rotors which were immaculate (thx Dave!) and i had them mounted.

Changes the look quite a bit. Probably not for everyone but I've got the red ones and a new black set off of a panigale R so i can change things up when i want.

The bike is pretty amazing. Only 40 miles thus far but i can already tell the motor is something special. The exhaust note is a bit quieter at idle and low RPMs, but starts to sing as the revs climb. Should be a lot of fun exploring her capabilities!

Didn't have great sunlight for these pics but you get the idea.

Cheers! Kevin

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. The aesthetics are growing on me.
I'm looking forward to acquainting myself with the motor.
In 40 miles I can already tell it's a different beast than my previous Panigale R.
Exhaust note makes the speed you're traveling deceptive. the motor spools up just as fast as the R, but i can feel the broader torque curve even at low rpms.
More to come...

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
I think I may be able to get you a set of stock 1299 mufflers to go with the wheels:)
Yeah... that would be a huge improvement, at least with regard to the overall appearance. Those stock Akra's look like an afterthought... Love the wheels... they complement the look far more than the red ones.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Absolutely love the wheel color change. beautiful beast!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Your bike is spectacular! and the gold wheels are just right - that's the way it should have come from Ducati!!!
Way to go! :grin2:
Fuckin' A brother, in fact, i don't know what where the designers smoking when they decided that those OEM red rims would be a good choice for the final look/product - and we're talking about an exotica vehicle here, they look tacky and kitsch'.

The red rims look good on a white M821 and new Supersport (also in white) but on tri-colored bike ? Nope...
it looks way more elegant and "premium" with those gold Marchesinis, good job OP ;)

PS : Ok, red rims also look nice on the good ol' Sennas'

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Overall I think this is a stunning looking bike. Thank you for posting such great photos KMY, and congrats on your most recent acquisition.
I really like this version of the Tri colore paint scheme, and while I do like it with these gold wheels, I also like it with the red. But not the stock chicken feet, that wheel design drives me nuts, I don't know that I could even ride off the dealership lot with that design. Now throw some wheels from the SL on there, either version, and then we'd be in business!!
I also have to comment on the exhaust design. I find those kidney shaped things are really unappealing! The 1299SL version of this exhaust looks so much better, or even a standard 1299 exhaust

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys for all the comments. I really enjoy reading all the feedback.
The red wheels have grown on me a bit since the launch, but still not for me. I sold my Pani R literally the day before the unveiling of the FE based on the teaser video alone. The new owner came to pick it up the next day just after i saw the leaked images of the FE and I about fell out of my chair. Thought about calling Claudio and giving him an ear full. :)

My feelings about the red wheels have simmered down a bit the last few months, but only a bit :wink2:

Regardless of wheel color and the somewhat polarizing exhaust (you either love it or hate it) - this bike simply RIPS!!!

Kevin

·
Registered
472 Posts
Those pipes look killer. I can see how it might be a love/hate thing but I definitely dig the look.

How is the heat coming off of those things? Is it an improvement over the glowing hot mid-pipe under your family jewels?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Those pipes look killer. I can see how it might be a love/hate thing but I definitely dig the look.

How is the heat coming off of those things? Is it an improvement over the glowing hot mid-pipe under your family jewels?
Haha! I wish I could say the new exhaust saves the twig and gigs but it's still gets pretty warm down there. Good on a cold day. Not so good here in the California summers!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts