Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2016 1299.

I bought it mostly stock and didn't think it was loud enough. I bought a sc project exhaust, and though the sound is great, it is too loud for my tastes. The online video clips of it did not portray how loud it was. I even took my own video, and it just doesn't come through a microphone how loud it really is.

I'm not looking for any extra power. I was close to buying a 2020 v4, but the 1299 is what I am really looking for. 200hp and a huge torque curve. V4 is impressive, but the 1299 just makes torque everywhere. I do not want to loose any of the mid range. Questions for those with first hand knowledge of a de-catted panigale:

How loud is it really? Subjective I know, but is it a huge step up in volume from a stock muffler? I mean leaving the db killers in place as well. I watched a youtube of a 899 with de-cat and the db killers pulled. Was basically straight pipes, and it was stupidly loud on the recording. Does it lose mid range power?

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
Going by some of the older car bikes I’ve done they don’t seem overly loud. There is a distinct change of tone though. And tone is more subjective than dB. Listen to a stock japper and a stock duke. Both have to meet the same noise levels yet the Duke “seems” louder.
Going through the same thing at the moment with my sons Audi. Trying to keep it mellow and not rascasse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts