Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
Are they the same as the 1098/1198 wheels?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Man I wish I had that kind of money...a panigale with BST's? Amazing. Now, I could sell my hyper and Vrod... but I just cant part with either one of them.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Those look a million times better than the stock S 3 spoker's.. Then again... Almost any wheels look better than those. IMHO

·
Registered
316 Posts
They are:), Panigale wheels have the same part number as 1098/1198 version.
Ahhh... Well at least that's convenient. There are already plenty of wheel choices out there that should fit the Panigale.

·
9,757 Posts

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Speaking of light wheels, my friend is replacing his Desmosedici's 16.5 inchers with OZ magnesium 17 inchers. The OZ wheels are nearly as light a BST CF...few ounce diff., they felt amazingly feather light and great looking!
The Buell wheels still are the coolest!

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Guido,
Did you have to make spacers for the front wheel?

1199 front wheel hub width is 120mm

1098 front wheel hub width is 105mm

We show that the 1098/1198 and 1199 use different part numbers.

-M

·
Old Fast Guy
495 Posts
Guido,
Did you have to make spacers for the front wheel?

1199 front wheel hub width is 120mm

1098 front wheel hub width is 105mm

We show that the 1098/1198 and 1199 use different part numbers.

-M
Hey! You guys shipping wheels yet? :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Surprised rear is the same as not seen any 1198s running a 200
The rim size isn't the issue with running a 200 on a 1098 or 1198. It's the clearance on the swingarm. Panigale doesn't have that same problem.

·
Registered
79 Posts
They look amazing!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Today I rode a Panagale S with full Termi system at Jennings GP race track. Is unlike any Ducati I have ever ridden. Most Ducs I have ridden/raced over the last 15 years had to be muscled and shown whos boss to go fast. Most all have slow steering,but reward with corner stability on rails. The panagale feels like a high strung Asian 600 with a similar "type" powerband in comparision. Very quick steering without the lowdown torque. While carbon wheels diffenitly help quickin the handling of the classic Duc handling chararteristics, IMHO its not needed for the Panagale.Of course there always the bling facter:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
As always I am full of questions. After looking at the price of the rim I smiled and started to wonder about the development of the rim. I am asking because as an old time programmer I think of development costs when I was doing new systems.

Can someone tell me how many hours were devoted to bringing this rim to market? For example, we needed 500 hours on Autocad / Soldiworks and three months testing ect.

Appreciate it.

Maxwell

1 - 19 of 19 Posts