Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am kind of new to this forum, although have been around the Monster forum for a while.. New Paul Smart owner but had other DUC for a little while (S2r 1000).. anyway...

Here is my question: Has anyone got Palatov Motorsports fender eliminator kit installed on their Sport Classic?

Would love to hear some feedback.

Cheers.

Eugene

P

·
0 Posts
Hi,

I am kind of new to this forum, although have been around the Monster forum for a while.. New Paul Smart owner but had other DUC for a little while (S2r 1000).. anyway...

Here is my question: Has anyone got Palatov Motorsports fender eliminator kit installed on their Sport Classic?

Would love to hear some feedback.

Cheers.

Eugene
Hey Eugene... I would be careful with this sort of design. It appears there is the possibility that the rear tyre might hit the bottom of the license plate and bracket.

The Evoluzione product which is somewhat similar had some "alleged" issues with the bottom of the plate hitting the rear tyre. Also look HERE.

In all fairness to the Palatov product, I am NOT saying there is a problem just that its a possibility.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I second what Phil says. unless you have the ohlins rear shock(s), it's risky... (depending on your weight).

Both LA-Duc and myself have lost our license plates that way, got snapped right off as it hit the tire when we came upon an unforeseen bump on the road... (and I weigh 170lbs...)

Neither of us had this tail piece, LA-DUC has the fleda and I have a modified WASP tail chop. (DISCLAIMER: it occurred on mine BECAUSE I modified it... the WASP kit is outstanding and this would not have happened if I had not modified it...)

anyway, something to be aware of.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
I had the palatov motorsports kit and it had contact with the plate and bent the hell out of the bracket and plate. I weigh about 170lbs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Palatov Kit

I just installed the Palatov kit om my 1000S. Real nice piece for the price, good quality but it does warn you to jack up the pre load to no more than 1" of sag on the rear shocks before use. I followed the advice and have had no problems. So far so good. I ride solo only and weight 190#.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for replies!

Even though both PakBikes and Wasp kits are really nice, they are a bit out of my price range.

Soo.. had Palatov kit installed last week and put about 150 miles on my bike with it.. Gotta say, that Palatov kit is a really (!) nicely made piece and all the hardware included is top notch.

In any rate, after the installation i had my static sag set to one inch on the rear (Paul Smart Ohlins shock) and so far there has been no problems.

Seriously though considering relocating the license plate under the fender, near the battery. Anyone had that done? Pictures?

Also i believe PakBikes has a bracket for relocation of the license plate, but i don't think he sells it separately from his whole kit...

Cheers.

·
Registered
792 Posts
First mod I bought.

Only problem I had was that one screw they gave me was shorter than it should have been making the brake light and signals to point slightly downward.

I've had no issues with the plate rubbing. I went up 2 clicks on the rear pre-load, and have had no issues. 230lb rider.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts