Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have been tossing around a few ideas for this winter. She's ten years old and looking like it :(. I plan to change the cosmetics of my 748 following the mechanical demons I have to work out. I was just wondering if anyone would happen to have any ideas as to what color I should paint my Duc.

This is what it looks like now.

I REALLY like the Gulf color scheme like this one here. I don't know if it would look quite so nice on a 748 though :( The powder blue and orange are absolutely beautiful though.

^has anyone seen a 748/916/996 painted like this? or at least photo-shopped one?

I also like the Aryton Senna commemorative color scheme. Its bright but subtle at the same time. I like how the wheels pop out and gray is a nice shade.

Do any of you have interesting pictures of 748/916/996 or even Cagiva Mitos that you could show?

:think:
Then I have the idea of a stealth-like theme. Black chromed frame, swing-arm, and rims with a gloss black set of fairings and tank. Maybe print up some custom vinyl stock-like decals in a carbon fiber print pattern-or no decals at all. I could even go white in the fairing colors... This is so tough :eek::(

I really just want something fun and different. I know it is entirely up to me, but I would just like the opinions of my fellow community before I make my decision.

Who knows? Maybe someone here could introduce me to a beautiful new idea that i hadn't thought of.

I know there will be those Ducati purists that scream red red red, or yellow yellow yellow (for some stock 748s)..., but I don't want to park my bike next to another red/yellow Duc at a bike meet. I want to be different.

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

I'm sure this subject has been beaten to death but I want this to be MY thread on the matter.

I have an appointment with a powdercoater this weekend to discuss some details and look at some color samples. It any of you have any advice on powdercoating, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I personally like it in yellow.

If it was my bike, I´d probably anodize the fork tubes and powder coat the fork bottoms. I have recently done it and it looked fabulous.

Along with a black frame and maybe the new OZ wheels that motowheels sell, it should look dope.

You just have to be consequent in what you´re doing. Many people start colorizing their Ducati and stop half way. Or they slap on a sticker kit and don´t match the other parts. I personally find that disgusting.

Or maybe you want to do a special replica.

Chili

Monster Mob BSB

Monster Mob black

Foggy

F02 Infostrada

Chili 2003

Some UK based RS in black orange

And so on, and so on.
You can find tons of SBK pictures on my forum. But to view attachments, you have to be registered:
http://www.powerwheelie.de/forum/showthread.php?t=67

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
+1 on Ben's comments. If you do it, do it well. Frame and other components should match or complement the chosen scheme. The Black/Red Chili scheme is my personal favorite, with a reduction or complete elimination of stickers to simplify the look. You could do that scheme in just about any color combo, even the Gulf one.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
It isn;t the best photoshop but I did what I could in the time I had.
If you'd like I could probably make a better rendition when I have the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts