Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd really like to do replica helmet that isn't made by Arai, Shoei, AGV and the like, but need need advice on a helmet painter that does really good work, can interpret photographs well, is hopefully familiar with racing and could say "oh I know that helmet"- things that would give me confidence that the guy knows what he's up to. Anybody work with a really great painter they would recommend? Someone who can do some really tight factory-looking work?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I've often thought about doing something like a custom helmet. I understand that cost is probably driven by the complexity of the design, and probably the number of colors, but does anyone know an approximate cost range of a custom paint job?

·
Registered
227 Posts
mike adrian with mad design AFM #228 PM and I will pm you his email. He has been painting bikes for a while now and did some of really good AFM guys like rick corey and so on....and of course my R6!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hey Chili,

I have an artistimo-painted helmet and am moving to Rochester in 2 weeks. I'd be glad to meet up and show you his work. He did a pretty complex design for me but does great work.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for the advice- have got some great options now. Eviltwin- I'll PM you about seeing artistimo's work when you settle in after the move. Durham to small town Minnesota, huh? At least there will be one (or looks like two) more Ducs in this part of the world.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Don't worry. Rochester is hardly "small town". It's a sophisticated place with the Mayo clinic, etc. Lot's of highly educated people, good cultural opportunities, etc. Plus it is a quick trip to the twin cities.

We will need to put together a ride. Lots of great roads between Rochester and the Cities.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ELK- we should plan a ride for sure- I usually follow the Mississippi River valley up and down between you and I- I'm sure you do as well. When it clears up here I'm up for something.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts