Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I managed to source a 5.5 inch rear wheel for my 1995 900 cr. It's going to need a re-spray and I'd like to confirm the paint code if anyone knows for sure. I came across a couple lists online that seem to show that ppg 223.647 (steel grey silver) might be the right choice.

Ducati Paint Codes - Ducati Up North
Paint Codes

For reference...

Does anyone here have any direct experience? My front wheel is in good shape so it would be great to find a reasonable match to do just the new rear. I doubt it will be noticeable if its not 100%, but the closer the better.

Thx

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
Most painters can scan the front wheel and get close, plenty who shoot by the numbers do not. I am not a painter so I do not know why but that's what I see. Best bet paint both wheels at the same time and then you will be sure they match, or let them be a little different. A Ducati that has matching paint is usually a sign it has been re-painted as they usually did not match from the factory.

·
Registered
508 Posts
A Ducati that has matching paint is usually a sign it has been re-painted as they usually did not match from the factory.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL! As much as I'm tempted to go 'period correct' with non-matching colors I'd still love to know if anyone can confirm the OEM code or through experience has a matching color.

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
I checked my supersports manuals both parts and service and no mention of a paint code for the wheels only the body work. They may not have a code as Ducati likely did not paint them they ordered them from Brembo all painted. I will keep an eye out for any paint info on them, but think a scan from a local paint shop should get you there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts