Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
1. Holy ba geezuz those are nice bikes !

2. Would love to hear a comparo between your stock wheels and the new lighter ones after you've had a chance to ride 'em.

·
Registered
842 Posts
BSt are my 1st choice but then I am biased Carbon is cool

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Why not go for the BST?
my pockets just aren't that deep. :(
gotta' add in new tires, mounting, etc.
this ain't gonna be cheap.

Moto - sent you an e-mail

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
After lookin at all the photos,,,, gold. followed by silver. The black looks very,,,, common. BTW I've got black wheels on both my bikes. My Desmotimes Monster came with some very nice forged wheels in black. It works like a lightened flywheels and the suspension feels plush. Wanna do gold on my SS when money allows.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Bon Vivant
10,574 Posts
After lookin at all the photos,,,, gold. followed by silver. The black looks very,,,, common. BTW I've got black wheels on both my bikes. My Desmotimes Monster came with some very nice forged wheels in black. It works like a lightened flywheels and the suspension feels plush. Wanna do gold on my SS when money allows.
I agree with stinky, gold 1st, then silver, and black is just ...yawn :sleep:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Damn fine idea.
Thanks, Hunde. I know Mike the Bike rode a bevel drive, but I think the air-cooled minimalist SS is the true successor of that amazing Ducati:

if you ask me this is THE look for a supersport:
Gold AND silver
Wow. Hard to argue with that. Nice wheels.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Those are pretty, but unobtainum unfortunately.
usually true but there's a set for sale on this forum right now. check the classifieds. :)
i thought about them but weight is the big issue for me.
besides, they belong on a real Superlight.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I don't want to steal your brilliant idea, but gold frame / wheels / other bits, with an interpretation of the MHR livery on a full-fairing SS might look amazing! I have some other aesthetic upgrades I'm designing for my 93, and these might just all come together! Mmmm, no headlight front end, drilled out for hi-mount oil cooler - with dual "endurance" style 100mm lights...

I have always loved those, and thought of replicating one with my 860GT that had been cut up by PO. Decided to return it to near original:

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1359262440.868551.jpg

Thanks, Hunde. I know Mike the Bike rode a bevel drive, but I think the air-cooled minimalist SS is the true successor of that amazing Ducati:

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
373 Posts
Oh crap, to kinda pull the MHR look on a SS would need contis - just passed on a beautiful set a while ago...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Oh crap, to kinda pull the MHR look on a SS would need contis - just passed on a beautiful set a while ago
I know..........I bought them! :D

·
Registered
317 Posts
Oh crap, to kinda pull the MHR look on a SS would need contis - just passed on a beautiful set a while ago...
And you could make some nice CF fairings for the Halewood SS, Hunde. I look forward to seeing some updates on that.:)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm in the same boat for my '97SP. No idea what color to anodize them, or who to trust to do the work. I want to mount them SOOOO bad, but I'd hate to mount up tires as they are now and then have to pay to have them unmounted again when I decide to paint them.

Gold is a bold choice. There was an episode of Top Gear where Jeremy is talking about buying a brand new F355 Ferrari and wanting a green one.. but at the last second as he's sitting down with the salesman he breaks down and orders it in red lol.

Me at the anodizer (skip to 1:18 mark):

21 - 40 of 99 Posts