1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Gold, just because I've been considering powdercoating my frame and wheels more gold than silver on my '93. But yeah, those look pretty bright gold and wouldn't want to match to that...

Tom

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've always dreamt getting gold, and putting a Hailwood paint scheme on my bike...

·
Super Moderator
25,923 Posts
It's funny about perception...after a few years of dealing with thick spoke Excel rims and heavy duty tubes on my KTM 950 Adventure, I was surprised at how light the wheels on my SS were when I put new tires on it shortly after buying it.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
It's too bad the gold wheels are so bright. If they were closer to the stock wheels and frame color I'd go with those. I just put the stock black brembo wheels back on my '93 900SS before delivering it to the guy who bought it, and the bike looks good with black wheels. I'd go with the black.

How much is the set of those OZ's?

·
Registered
16,910 Posts
The gold OZ replicates the old clear coated gold cromate finish of the 5 spoke magnesium racing wheels of the mid nineties. They clear coated the wheels so it was easier to inspect the wheels for corrosion and cracks.

My 95' 916SP with Marchesini gold cromate wheels

My Sport1000 with gold wheels:

A 1098 with gold wheels:

My 1098 with black OZ wheels:

Ed's SS with black wheels:

My SS FE with black OZ wheels and a silver wheel next to it.

·
Registered
16,910 Posts
My PS with a silver wheel mounted on it:

A Paul Smart with black wheels:

A Sport1000S with gold wheels:

A GT1000 with gold wheels:

I think they all look good- it really depends on what look you are after.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Black, definately not white

·
Registered
733 Posts
I just had a pair of Diablo Rosso IIs fitted and carried both wheels to my car at once. The dude at the shop did bring them out one at a time but I didn't think that they were all that heavy. I must be strong. They are heavier than what I would like as my bike is now on a diet.

But I won't be fitting tyres on these rims again. My 93 has a few paint chips in the silver 3 spoke Brembos and under that paint is black so my first choice would be black. But I also have the old 17mm front axle and funny wheel bearing sizes so that could be a problem.

I did spend the last couple of days on Motowheels website looking at them but Australia's import rules says more tax if the value is over A$1000 and adds 25%. I am thinking of getting the front in first and seeing how I go with the more expensive rear. It would work out a lot better for me by getting them a month or so apart paying two lots of shipping.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My PS with a silver wheel mounted on it:

A Paul Smart with black wheels:

A Sport1000S with gold wheels:

A GT1000 with gold wheels:

I think they all look good- it really depends on what look you are after.

MY LORD you have a ton of amazing bikes. Jelousy levels are peaking thats for damn sure, thats some true ducati love right there. I see you live in my home town as well. Can we be friends? HA!

oh and i vote for black

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Elegant grouping

The gold OZ replicates the old clear coated gold cromate finish of the 5 spoke magnesium racing wheels of the mid nineties. They clear coated the wheels so it was easier to inspect the wheels for corrosion and cracks.

My 95' 916SP with Marchesini gold cromate wheels

My Sport1000 with gold wheels:

A 1098 with gold wheels:

My 1098 with black OZ wheels:

Ed's SS with black wheels:

My SS FE with black OZ wheels and a silver wheel next to it.
I am seriously in lust!!!!

1 - 20 of 99 Posts