Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 998 and am looking for an oversized cooler and or where to get a factory replacement one
Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Ron

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
If you want a used OEM one, I have one for sale thats in good condition.
What year and which model is it from? I'll check the Ducati P/N and see if it is a match. I have an '02 748R and mine is beat to shit. If yours is in good shape, and will fit I am definitely interested.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Motowheels is also or was also looking for one for me cause they do not have a stock replacement or and oversized that fits.
I bought the $800+ one and there was nothing to bolt to.

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Motowheels is also or was also looking for one for me cause they do not have a stock replacement or and oversized that fits.
I bought the $800+ one and there was nothing to bolt to.
The RS one does not have the standard mounts.

We have this 998S in stock now that does (according to Matt):

Oversize Oil Cooler: 998S

Contact [email protected] or 916.369.2509. He can fit it up to my 996R to confirm.

-M

* Just realized that you have a US 998 and the cooler is for a 998S which is the deep sump motor. It might be different.

·
Registered
572 Posts
OEM oil cooler and oil line are the same on deepsump and non-deepsump 998 range (including 996R). So, should it be the same for oversized ones?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Moto, I believe that is the one Matt sent to me about a month and a half ago or so and this did not work. BTW Matt is awsome to deal with there.
the mounts were nowhere near where they needed to be for the 998.
Ducati Omaha didint have one either.
Ron

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Moto, I believe that is the one Matt sent to me about a month and a half ago or so and this did not work. BTW Matt is awsome to deal with there.
the mounts were nowhere near where they needed to be for the 998.
Ducati Omaha didint have one either.
Ron
I thought Matt told me he sent you the 998RS cooler. I don't remember it being here before/ He was going to install the 998S cooler on my 996R - but I told him that you might need it.

I sent him this link, but maybe you should contact him. He can test fit it (or at least eyeball it) on the 996R for you to be sure.

-M

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Martin, I talked to Matt and yeah still in the same boat, its not the right one.
Norm I PMed and emailed you.
Thanks for the help so far everyone.
Ron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts