Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I love my Hypermotard when it comes to city rides, but long trips kinds suck as I have to stop every 100 or 110 miles to fuel up! So I started looking for oversize tanks for Hypermotard 821. Didn't find anything, but I know back in days people requested an oversized tank for Hypermotard 1100 and CA cycle works did make one after 30 people did the pre-order!

So I reached out to Amanda and Chris from CA Cycleworks and they said If we get 30 people to pre-order, they will make an oversize tank got Hypermotard 821. yes, people who pre-order will get a discount as well. Just wanna see how many people would be interested in this!

·
Registered
330 Posts
That's a great idea but I cant think of an area that could be filled in when it comes to making a bigger tank for the 821/939. It's all packaged very tightly without any free space. I would ask on the hyperstrada groups as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a great idea but I cant think of an area that could be filled in when it comes to making a bigger tank for the 821/939. It's all packaged very tightly without any free space. I would ask on the hyperstrada groups as well.
I think the way they did it before was by re-positioning the air filter and that opened up a lot of space, like having an extra gal or 2 will be such a big help! I will post in it few other groups too and see if more people are interested in this..

·
Registered
373 Posts
Subscribed!

Yes, airbox goes away and pod filters go directly onto the throttle bodies. I researched other people's build threads and realize the 4V Ducatis care as little about airbox as 2V models. On air cooled hypers, back to back dyno runs before/after pods at two different shops on two different bikes were within 1 hp of the "before" runs. I expect similar outcome for 821/939s.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
373 Posts
jjweb, that's how it works. The $899 tanks cost that because I have to add other parts to the tank to make a kit (like battery cables, etc). If this tank doesn't end up needing custom parts made to go with it, that'll be $100 less. At a minimum, preorders for tank placed before they're "available to the public" get $100 off. I expect 50 or so people to get in early. If it blows up and we get like 100 people in early, the discount will be much greater. :D Chris

·
Registered
373 Posts
We were contacted by someone in the industry about the new-hyper tank, which excited me for a minute ... but then that, too, might have fizzled out. Everyone wants it but not really.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd be interested if this comes to be. Currently ride a Monster but considering a Hyperstrada. Oversize tank availability would be a plus for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts