Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Overnight motorcycle camping trip anyone?

667 Views 14 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  John
Since we had such a fantastic time on the Bridgeport ride, I was thinking that before the weather really turns south, maybe some of you would be interested in an overnight camping trip? I did my first one earlier this summer and except for my POS tent, it was great. I like the idea because its cheap too. The two guys we hooked up with in Bridgeport camped at the kind of ideal place because it had grass and nice showers for only $15 a night.

Maybe somewhere on the coast so we can make a run down Skaggs Rd and Stewarts Point and maybe head home where the Russian River dumps into the sea to Santa Rosa, Berryessa and then home. Leave Saturday morning, better yet if you can leave Friday morning and be back by Saturday afternoon.

Anyone interested in exploring this idea? Since I have three pieces of luggage I can help haul some extra stuff if your on a superbike. Tankbags are great and they have soft luggage for them as well.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
606 Posts
Friday

John,
Nice idea and lets keep 'er rolling... The Friday idea is the ticket. When myself and a fellow rider hit Ft. Bragg each year, we leave friday and return Saturday very late afternoon.
Anyway, has anyone this particular problem: the crabby wife? I didnt want to reveal this as it puts me in an awkward postion. Anyway my day is open the 23rd and spoke the adventure to the wife and she grunted "oh again?"
Know that we have a decent but not awesome relationship etc, but the bike thang always gets her riled. Note #2 we have two small children, and Im sure thats part of the prob,....

Bottom line Friday 23 sounds awesome and the itinerary is flawless. That route is pure luxury.

· Registered
606 Posts
OK Joe, I dig luxury on a beer budget. You have the tiller, wheres the overnight route/roads your suggesting?

John,
Id have to research camping sites - we stayed a cool motel in Gualala named "Surf Motel". Ill follow up a bit later w/ more info and will check camp avail...

· Registered
606 Posts
Wow....someone like me... I luv the wifey and we have a good relationship going -BUT - She frequently says, honey, go for a ride...Well, sometimes after she says that, it's followed up by - why were you gone so long and you never spend time with me... you know the drill. The primary reason you guys have never seen me!

I want to go camping and think its an awesome idea... Doubt that I'm getting that weekend off tho'. Theres always hope!
Thats a big 10-4 Ducnewb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.