Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we had such a fantastic time on the Bridgeport ride, I was thinking that before the weather really turns south, maybe some of you would be interested in an overnight camping trip? I did my first one earlier this summer and except for my POS tent, it was great. I like the idea because its cheap too. The two guys we hooked up with in Bridgeport camped at the kind of ideal place because it had grass and nice showers for only $15 a night.

Maybe somewhere on the coast so we can make a run down Skaggs Rd and Stewarts Point and maybe head home where the Russian River dumps into the sea to Santa Rosa, Berryessa and then home. Leave Saturday morning, better yet if you can leave Friday morning and be back by Saturday afternoon.

Anyone interested in exploring this idea? Since I have three pieces of luggage I can help haul some extra stuff if your on a superbike. Tankbags are great and they have soft luggage for them as well.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'd love to but I'm leaving for Baja in a couple weeks and just don't have time this month. In the spring I'll be up for this for sure.

If you're looking for easy camping on the coast the Manchester Beach KOA is great but there are lots of nice places to camp in that area.

·
Premium Member
8,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When John?
Don't know yet Quan, depends on schedules of others because I'm pretty open to any date. Can you go leave on a Friday?

I'll look up Ted's suggestion on the net and see whats up. Thanks Ted.

·
Administrator
12,441 Posts
Depending on the weather, Jess and I could probably do something if it's nice at the end of the month.

·
Premium Member
8,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, the ball is officially rolling, end of October sounds good. I have a Dr's appt on the 23rd I can change, but thats if people can do Friday instead of Saturday. Quan, where is Havasupai?

Need to know if leaving Friday is a possibility, if not then leaving Saturday is OK.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Friday

John,
Nice idea and lets keep 'er rolling... The Friday idea is the ticket. When myself and a fellow rider hit Ft. Bragg each year, we leave friday and return Saturday very late afternoon.
Anyway, has anyone this particular problem: the crabby wife? I didnt want to reveal this as it puts me in an awkward postion. Anyway my day is open the 23rd and spoke the adventure to the wife and she grunted "oh again?"
Know that we have a decent but not awesome relationship etc, but the bike thang always gets her riled. Note #2 we have two small children, and Im sure thats part of the prob,....

Bottom line Friday 23 sounds awesome and the itinerary is flawless. That route is pure luxury.

·
Go for it!
461 Posts
...where is Havasupai?...
it's located near bottom of Grand Canyon except it's on Indian Reservation. Has a few pools where the waterfalls get collected. Great swimming holes. Hike 10 miles down but getting back up you wish you have a donkey to carry u back to the top of grand canyon.

May be the DOG can plan a trip to here? :D

·
Home of vortex tuning
1,648 Posts
But I just left Kingman, , ,

·
Premium Member
8,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
John,
Nice idea and lets keep 'er rolling... The Friday idea is the ticket. When myself and a fellow rider hit Ft. Bragg each year, we leave friday and return Saturday very late afternoon.
Anyway, has anyone this particular problem: the crabby wife? I didnt want to reveal this as it puts me in an awkward postion. Anyway my day is open the 23rd and spoke the adventure to the wife and she grunted "oh again?"
Know that we have a decent but not awesome relationship etc, but the bike thang always gets her riled. Note #2 we have two small children, and Im sure thats part of the prob,....

Bottom line Friday 23 sounds awesome and the itinerary is flawless. That route is pure luxury.
OK Joe, I dig luxury on a beer budget. You have the tiller, wheres the overnight route/roads your suggesting?

Lifes too short is all I can say. These opportunities for some motorcycle bonding adventures don't reveal themselves as often as we would like. I just say go for it and handle the repercussions later. So, as of this moment your going and so am I. If we really wanted to rough it I would suggest a volunteer chase car with the cooking implements and all the other luxuries, but on this one nighter, Dennys or something like it will do.

Lets get to work on suggested route, date and camping spot.

I would like to see a show of hands for leaving on Friday and returning Saturday late afternoon. I say this because I hear its best to traverse Skaggs Spring on a weekday, for obvious reasons. On point #2, I think Friday the 23rd is a good day to start unless this is a no no.

·
Registered
134 Posts
John,

Wow....someone like me... I luv the wifey and we have a good relationship going -BUT - She frequently says, honey, go for a ride...Well, sometimes after she says that, it's followed up by - why were you gone so long and you never spend time with me... you know the drill. The primary reason you guys have never seen me!

I want to go camping and think its an awesome idea... Doubt that I'm getting that weekend off tho'. Theres always hope!

·
Registered
608 Posts
OK Joe, I dig luxury on a beer budget. You have the tiller, wheres the overnight route/roads your suggesting?

John,
Id have to research camping sites - we stayed a cool motel in Gualala named "Surf Motel". Ill follow up a bit later w/ more info and will check camp avail...

·
Registered
608 Posts
Wow....someone like me... I luv the wifey and we have a good relationship going -BUT - She frequently says, honey, go for a ride...Well, sometimes after she says that, it's followed up by - why were you gone so long and you never spend time with me... you know the drill. The primary reason you guys have never seen me!

I want to go camping and think its an awesome idea... Doubt that I'm getting that weekend off tho'. Theres always hope!
Thats a big 10-4 Ducnewb.

·
Premium Member
8,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Date set, how about Friday the 23rd?

Doing Skaggs on a weekday is the way to go from what others tell me. Is leaving on Friday morning the 23rd OK? Again, I can go either Friday or Saturday and return the following day once we decide on a campground at the beach or thereabouts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts