Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ducati stupidity: The 2017 Enduro owners manual states that the oil level should be checked when the engine is cold and that the oil level should be between the two lines but the much more detailed service manual states that the engine should be hot. Maybe someone from Ducati could join in on this conversation.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
WTH? I have never seen that? Is

WTH? I have never seen that? What part of the screen does it show up on?
It pops up at the bottom right of the screen in yellow for a couple seconds when you power up the bike... easy to miss.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
As long as it's between the 2 lines it's fine. Stop worrying.
Yes cold or hot don't make a huge difference... though if you do it hot make sure you give it a minute or two to drain all the oil to the sump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For those who are wondering about where to get and which to get...

Your local autoparts store should have a display with rolls of tubing. Find the best match and grab a foot or two.
I’ve tried the smallest possible tube (similar size to the spray can tubing), and its marked as 2mm, I’ve tried a good 30-45min hopefully it can get something up, but what I am getting are just drops of oil. I’ve tried wiggles the tubes through which I think I got pretty far, but still no oil...I’ve a Multistrada 1200s 2014, and from the filler holes there are many blocking area which likely its the clutch, so its kinda hard, lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What are you all doing? There's a drain plug for the oil. if you want to drain a cup or so of oil you unscrew this drain plug, let some oil out, screw it back in. Am I missing something here,
It’s my first time did the oil change for my bike, and I’ve done all nicely and covered all things up, I’m trying not to remove the engine oil via the drain plug if at all possible :), so I just didn’t realise removing oil from the filler hole is so darn difficult for me...

·
Registered
71 Posts
It’s my first time did the oil change for my bike, and I’ve done all nicely and covered all things up, I’m trying not to remove the engine oil via the drain plug if at all possible :), so I just didn’t realise removing oil from the filler hole is so darn difficult for me...
When I took my Multi to the dealer for the break-in oil change they overfilled it, with only a small air bubble showing in the level window. Instead of going back and having them correct the situation, I loosened the drain plug and took out about a cup or so. No leaks, no more worrying. The syringe method is interesting though. A bit more controlled.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Removing oil through the filler will be impossible for anyone because there is no direct path through the engine that way. If you really do want to remove some oil from the engine then remove the drain plug, drain a bit, quickly put it back in. After 6 days of trying an impossible task you could have solved the issue in 60 seconds.
Fun thread to read though

·
Registered
7 Posts
Removing oil through the filler will be impossible for anyone because there is no direct path through the engine that way. If you really do want to remove some oil from the engine then remove the drain plug, drain a bit, quickly put it back in. After 6 days of trying an impossible task you could have solved the issue in 60 seconds.
Fun thread to read though
Thanks for this, I just tried my best not to do it via the drain plug, but ur feedback jive with my last two days few attempt in my free time to try siphon it out as I found it's impossible thru the filler hole

41 - 50 of 50 Posts