Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Cali. riders.
I'll be riding out to Laguna Seca again this year and I am wondering what would be the best route/ride over the Mtn.'s south out of Carson City? I'm looking to get from Hwy 395 over to I5 near Modesto. I've been into Yosemite, (awsome) and up by Trukee/Sierra City, just wondering what Hwy would be a good/senic ride? Hwy 88, 4, 108, or 120? I'll have time riding out but it's going to be a "Mad Dash" back to Wisconsin Sunday Night.
Thanks in advance!
Steve

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Google the Trinity Alps and look around. Don't know if you have ridden the coast, highway 1 or not. But whoever created that road must have had a motorcycle..... I've ridden the coastline up to Washington State and down past Herst Castle. Most enjoyable road I cant think of, and it will take you to Laguna.

But the northern middle of CA is sAweet riding as well. I believe you want to look up highway 3, but don't quote me on that.

I live in Truckee. There is plenty of good riding in this area too, which it sounds like you already know. Just got back from a quick ride to Sierraville from Truckee.

Have fun. Enjoy.

·
Administrator
12,567 Posts
I can't say which pass is best for me because I like em all, but Sonora or Tioga (108 or 120) would both be GREAT!

·
Registered
126 Posts
HaHa... and for yet another perspective... I would vote for Hwy 4, Ebbetts Pass.... especially if traveling east to west... preferred direction imho... take 395 to Monitor Pass (89) (for an extra bonus) ... as Scott said, they're all good...;)... have a great ride.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys,,,,,,,
Appreciate the perspectives. I've been on Hwy 1 from Hearst castle to Monterey, (06' & 07' I stayed in Big Sur) and the "best" road I've ever ridin' was up by Trukee, (Sierra City/ Downysville). I"m just looking for a way over the Sierras down towards Yosemite. (New roads/New adventures)
I'm planning on 1 day from Carson City to Monterey, but not just sure which way to go and you guys got some beautiful rides out there.
Thanks much again!
Steve

·
Registered
792 Posts
Ebbetts and Monitor Passes are my personal favorites, but then I'm biased as we have a place in Arnold.

Highway 49 from Angles Camp to Mariposa is mighty fine as well.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I used to live near Carson City and my vote would be for Monitor and Ebbetts. The east side of Ebbetts is one of my all time favorite rides. It's all good though.

enjoy,
Debby

·
Buzzing the tower
996 Posts
I don't care which way you go...

I'm GREEN with envy! You're gonna love any way you take, you rat-bastard (said with love);););)

I went out for the race at Laguna last year and loved it. Don't know if I can swing it this year though...

You lucky, blessed, sweet rat-bastard (no envy here, REALLY!)

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't worry,
If I wasn't me, I would be jealous too. I can't wait!
5 easy days out there, (I'll drop off the freeways in Colo. or Utah), 4 Fantastic days at Laguna,,, & 3 quick days back home! Yep,,,, It's gonna be a blast!!!!!!! :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts