Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, any one know how much gas, or miles are left once the light goes on?

thanks.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I think it varies -- not real accurate between bikes. The only way to really know for YOUR bike (but not necessarily trust 100%) is as soon as the light comes on, fill it up completely, calculate how much gas you had left by the amount you put in and figure your average MPG a few take fulls. Should get you close as long as you ride it the same way every time.

·
Registered
266 Posts
my '96 ss/cr owners manual states that the fuel tank has a capacity of 17.5 cubic dm (4.6gal), including a reserve of 4 cubic dm (1.06gal).
bobp

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
I've owned a '97 SS/SP, '96 SS/SP, '02 998, and (now) '02 998S Bayliss. Each one has the fuel warning light come on at 2.8 gal. used. As I recall the capacity on the SS/SP's was 4.1 gal. Not sure about the 998's but I thinks it's similar.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My light is on all the time. I got so tired of it that I stuck a piece of black duct tape over it. I fill up around 140 miles. I wish I could tell you how much I have left when the light 'goes' on. :mad:

·
Registered
724 Posts
My light is on all the time. I got so tired of it that I stuck a piece of black duct tape over it. I fill up around 140 miles. I wish I could tell you how much I have left when the light 'goes' on. :mad:
Sounds like the float is stuck in the sender. You might be able to free it up by removing it, shaking it vertically -- possibly needing to spray some carb. cleaner inside the little holes. Might take more then once to accomplish....

If it’s the same unit as the 748-996, etc. They used a plastic nut that is prone to cracking ad causing a leak. As a shameless note :eek:: I do have replacement aluminum nuts available. Click on the link below to view.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts