Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Our Craig has his first road race.

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  latte committee 
#1 · (Edited)
Craig has his first taste of a race track today. By all accounts he had a ball. The next Casey maybe? :grin2:

#21 ·
Nah ,,,, No pics required.
Eye woz there, an sawed it happen wiff me own I's ! ! !

I heard it first ,,,, a Mito at 18,000 RPM is unmistakable,,,, as it goes into death throws.
Followed by the blurred red flash of an 85kg x 6ft bloke, on what looks like a Pee Wee 50 underneath him.

But when the race was over ,,,, there was the unmistakeable beaming smile of Kraige coming out from under the sweaty helmet.

Well done mate.
I won't make Lismore, but Grafton & Port are possibilities.

Good luck,,,, and keep it shiny side up.

Reactions: cb4265
#7 ·
Can you get Johnny to help you edit your fukking title and at spell my fukking name right, jeez!

Carnt

Craig >:)

Now, where to buy a 46 tooth rear sprocket and a 13 tooth front?

Craig :grin2:

#13 · (Edited)
Good onya Crag :)

13/46 ?! where you running that thing? Kmart carpark? >:)
I get all my Mito parts from here: P J Motorcycle Engineers LTD Cagiva Mito 125 Chain & Sprockets
They sell quality parts and prompt postal service.

Metal gear here in Oz do steel sprockets if that's what you want:
Sprockets for Mito 125

Try 12/42, it's virtually the same as 13/46 and the largest normal rear sprocket available is 43t
13/46 = 3.54
12/43 = 3.58
12/42 = 3.50
12/41 = 3.42

I've a few used steel 43t rears and a new 41t rear you can have if you want them, just postage.
I run the Renthal alloy rears on mine..

#14 ·
Hi DavyJ thanks for the offer and information. Yes it is like riding in a car park on go kart tracks. The next venue is Lismore, Port Macquire, Grafton and back to Tamworth. My home track apparently has the longest track, approx 200m, the rest of the track is 500 odd metres of reverse turns, probably great for a go kart, but hard work on a bike. Google Oakburn Park Tamworth, it should show you the lay out and it runs anti clockwise. https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...UIEigC&biw=1024&bih=653#imgrc=xT5O6VS31MsKqM:
So about halfway down the main straight I grab 3rd gear, then hold 2nd gear all around the back part after the kink at the end of the straight. In the back straight I have to back off in 2nd at 13000 + rpm about 50m from the hairpin, so no time to change up and back down & brake in that time without it getting messy, trust me I tried a few times. With no torque to rely on, I had to try to keep it reving without tearing its head off.
I need a few choices of sprockets obviously, so you chart is great, X racer has offered to help too, but, I am currently away from home and don’t know what’s on it at the moment. It was set up to run at Broadford VIC.

Craig = Crag and translates to Cave dweller apparently. I like caves.

I am glad my little foray into racing is entertaining everyone between MotoGP races. It’s not my first time, I raced a few times in the 80s at Oran Park & Amaroo Park back in the day on a Yamaha RZ350 when I was in my 20s, so taking this up again at 53 years young is a great distraction. 85kg and 6ft tall makes it a challenge of another type.>:)

Craig

#19 ·
Thanks Davy, I resemble that!

The Mito runs like a top, the previous owner has brought it up to European Racing standards, TM carb, Jolly Moto chamber, Mikita barrell etc etc, so I dare say the reeds have been done too.
When I get better, I will chase HP, until then it’s just cheap fun racing.

Craig

#20 ·

I found this on Australian Smokers, one of the lady riders snapped it of me and the little Mito & posted it. Cool photo I thought.
I was complimented on how ‘pretty’ the little bike was by many over the weekend, from young kids and their parents. Most didn’t know what it was, and asked lots of questions.

Craig

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.