Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some pics of our bike we used to race a the drags last year.It ran a best time of 9.84 seconds at 145mph.
It sure was a wheelstand machine even when strapped and lowered.

Attachments

·
Registered
956 Posts
cool

What mods on the bike, if I may ask please?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What mods on the bike, if I may ask please?
The bike had the slip on termi muffler kit,filter and Ecu.Also I cut the exhaust valve out while the pipes were off. An extra O2 sensor nut was welded into the rear header so both cyl's could be mapped with the Powercommander. After tuning other 1098 road race bikes with race glass on the dyno, I found the standard intakes (headlight to airbox) to be very restrictive.We designed and made fiberglass intakes that remove that restriction from intake tract.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Very Nice, and a very good E.T.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Did you use superglue to stay in that seat?? lol That's awesome!

·
Trackday Junkie
1,374 Posts
After tuning other 1098 road race bikes with race glass on the dyno, I found the standard intakes (headlight to airbox) to be very restrictive.We designed and made fiberglass intakes that remove that restriction from intake tract.

Don't suppose you would be looking to mass produce these, eh?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Question if the intakes are not effiecient enough on a 1098 would this also be the same for an 848 possible. Or is it because of the mods you found the intake was not sufficient with the new mappings/mods...?

thank you, hope I wrote this clearly...

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
What is anybody going to do w/ a sub 10 second 1098 for Chris' sakes:D.....make it a sub 9 second 1098...:D:D for Chris' sakes for Chris sakes'!
But seriously who could tell, unless your Rickey Gadson, if you're running at 9.84 quarter or a 10.20 ???:think:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts