Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a demo ride on a 2015 today I concluded I want to stay with a Multi S instead of ordering an Enduro sight unseen, so they have a White one coming from the factory. Should arrive towards end of this month.

Very satisified !! Dealership is awesome !!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Congrats, love mine.....

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Yeah, congratulations. My evolution of riding finally brought me to this bike. My friends laughed... Until I blew the doors off them. Now they all want to make the switch. Enjoy the sickness!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congratulation.....and white is way faster than red, just saying :grin2:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Very nice, plus with white, at least out here in CA, the cagers all think you are the Highway Patrol and scramble to get out of your way. No joke. Cracks me up every time. Congrats!

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Great choice!! Congrats and good luck with the wait! :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Congrads on the new bike. I received my 2015 DVT 1200S Touring last week and got a good 300 miles in this weekend down to Oceanside, CA for some skydiving and back up the Ortega Highway for a few twisties... great bike. Very responsive and really comfortable!
However got home tonight, undid the left pannier and the plastic hook has broken off. Not sure if warranty will cover but hope so.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you go to Louisville or elsewhere? Just curious since I see you are in Evansville.
Yes, Commonwealth Motorcycles of Louisville Kentucky. Same place I bought my '13 and had it serviced regularly. Very great place to buy from and have service done, I highly recommend them. They have a real passion for motorcycling and along with the expertise of all of their staff, it really drives the excellent reputation they have in the business.

·
Premium Member
12,294 Posts
The Enduro seems a bit much, for the guy who isnt doing the Dakar.

It is eye catching and has a flare about it.
I talked to a guy at a bike show who saw it and wanted to cancel his order for the 2016 he has just ordered.
Tires are what would concern me for highway riding we mostly do.

Congrats and best of luck , have fun!

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Enduro seems a bit much, for the guy who isnt doing the Dakar.

It is eye catching and has a flare about it.
I talked to a guy at a bike show who saw it and wanted to cancel his order for the 2016 he has just ordered.
Tires are what would concern me for highway riding we mostly do.

Congrats and best of luck , have fun!
The Enduro is eye catching and does have a rugged aura about it that just pops. I bet I watched every road/off-road video review of the Enduro as well as studied it's lines from every angle in all the pictures but in the end I wasn't comfortable committing to an order without seeing one in person first. Having said that, it is an awesome bike and dealers won't be able to keep them on their floor long, they are going to sell quick. But even if my timeline were a couple months forward, still think I would be picking the Multi S it's just the perfect formula for my riding style.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I know this may be a can of worms... But what is everyone paying for their 2015's...? I just got mine last month too with the Touring kit for $20,250 OTD and this is in Ca. This may help some folks that are still looking and will have some bargaining power.:nerd:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I just got mine last month too with the Touring kit for $20,250 OTD and this is in Ca. This may help some folks that are still looking and will have some bargaining power.:nerd:
Wow! That is a good price especially in this neck of the woods. Good to know.

·
Beta Tester
1,957 Posts
Congratulations Bon!!

Hope you love it as I do mine. I ordered a white one, but the next Touring S my dealer got was a red one and I took it.

Maybe my next one will be white.....?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes, Commonwealth Motorcycles of Louisville Kentucky. Same place I bought my '13 and had it serviced regularly. Very great place to buy from and have service done, I highly recommend them. They have a real passion for motorcycling and along with the expertise of all of their staff, it really drives the excellent reputation they have in the business.
Good to know. I bought mine in Houston and live/work there but have a home in Evansville due to family ties. I'm sure at some point my '16 1200s will be there and while driving to Louisville can be a pain, good to know the dealership is recommended.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you take I-64 from here it's only about 90 minutes. Alternately, the State Road 66 Scenic Byway route has plenty of curves and some hills although it takes just a little longer-- but is going to be the route I take heading home after picking it up. http://ohioriverbyway.com

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bought a 2017 Multi Enduro having never seen one in person. My biggest worry was would my feet get on the ground enough. I'm 5'10". I love this bike. Much sturdier than my 2012 PP. It came down to me wanting even more room and comfort. The 19 inch wheel just brings a look and feel I wanted. Much more of a highway and off-road machine. An adventure tourer. Oh yeah I can get my feet down but not quite the balls of my feet. I am looking to purchase some substantial riding boots that have a good heel and soul and that should get me enough stability even in sport mode. At super slow crawling wait on red light speed it is more of a beast to handle especially full of gas. But to me it's worth it considering the the tighter turn radius, highway stability, more wind protection with a lot less helmet noise, and last but not least the willingness to lay over and stay over even if correcting in a curve. 20% better gas mileage, better gearing and a more linear powerband are nice things too. The tranny is more clunk than snick snuck like the 2016 white Multi I demoed. Enjoy that beautiful white pearl machine. The 1200s is a comfortable sport bike with a handlebar and will shame many a sport bikes except after 120 mph. And who cares about that on the street. BTW for those waiting on a 2017 the new gray color is pretty bad ass IMHO

1 - 20 of 22 Posts