Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride today - 48 degrees and sunny - decided I will ride whenever the sun is out and it's not below 40 degrees. I was planning on emptying tank and stripping it down for maintenance - still want to add lightweight cam rollers and new belts (almost 2 yrs). Sigh - that's what happens when you go to ducatims fever - boy do I love the torque! Oh and new chain / sprocket - silicone hoses.......... Guess I won't be riding so much.........

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Went for a ride today - 48 degrees and sunny - decided I will ride whenever the sun is out and it's not below 40 degrees. I was planning on emptying tank and stripping it down for maintenance - still want to add lightweight cam rollers and new belts (almost 2 yrs). Sigh - that's what happens when you go to ducatims fever - boy do I love the torque! Oh and new chain / sprocket - silicone hoses.......... Guess I won't be riding so much.........

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
FYI....I just emptied my tank(my 999 has 19K miles) when I pulled it to install a new fuel pump filter. It's mint inside. No rust, no nothing just nice clean metal.
I just went to a 43T rear (15/43) and love it! The bike is more responsive if not too abrupt off/on throttle. Better be holding on when you touch the throttle. In 6th gear 100mph @ 6500 rpms...it gets to 130mph rapidly. I can't see any reason to go back to a 41T especially for street riding. No more clutch fanning off start, no chugging in low rpm. It just goes! Marked improvement over my 15/41. I'm sure it will pull to 150mph, but I've only seen that once since I've owned my 999. It's no CBRXX at high speed for sure!:D
I have DP Lt wt. cam belt pulleys, very nice upgrade along w/ a Nichols FW and slipper. Primary gear lightening soon!

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I yanked my motor out of my 2003 999 and shipped it off for a full rebuild this month by MPB performance in Montreal, it's getting the works done. I can't wait for spring !!
Nice time for a 1038cc over bore kit, Pistal HC pistons, FBF race spec crank balancing.:D Looking back I should have done that 1st on my 2003 999. If nothing else get the crank balanced, worth every penny!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts