Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any thoughts on what a stock non-S 2010 multistrada with 6k miles is worth in a private sale in SoCal? Looking at one, seller is asking $13k. I can link to the Craigslist ad but I'm not sure if that's kosher here.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Look for some flaws while you're negotiating.

Get him to set up the steering lock, and see that it disengages.

Get the seller to demonstrate the keyless PIN startup and see that he has the red key.

and of course, check the service records.

Look around at the details, and if all seems perfect, offer 9 or so. The rest is up to you...

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Motorcycle Consumer News (the American mag, not the British one), just published its 'Summer edition used bike value guide'. In it the value of a 2010 non-S Multistrada is $12,930 USD. (An 'S' is $17,220 USD.). These prices are for a bike with the expected 'usual' mileage and in good condition. Aftermarket goodies are not considered in these values.

It sounds like the asking price is reasonable and fair, as long as all recalls we're done, servicing is up to date, and the bike hasn't been tracked or dropped.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Check eBay for what completed auctions are selling at. That will help with market value. Be careful low balling on private sales, unless the seller is desperate you'll come off as not being a serious buyer.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yep...price seems OK for a good/clean bike that is well maintained.

Just a reminder, the 2010(especially the early production) had fueling problems. That issue has been solved but you'll want to be sure the ECU update is done as well as the rear brake "fix"...if it is a problem to you.

Is the bike still in warranty?

·
Registered
530 Posts
13k doesn't seem too bad if the bike is in good condition. Have you thought about getting an S version? In addition to the Ohlins you get heated grips, side panniers, and a centerstand. All well worth the extra $$$.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Any thoughts on what a stock non-S 2010 multistrada with 6k miles is worth in a private sale in SoCal? Looking at one, seller is asking $13k. I can link to the Craigslist ad but I'm not sure if that's kosher here.
given that it's a 2010, and what you've told us in your other thread, a non-Sport is exactly what i'd be looking for, especially if it didn't have an extended warranty. as i said before, you can add panniers, heated grips, and a proper center stand (Motech modified) at a later date. if you were to consider a 2010 S, make sure it does have an extended warranty, or use it as leverage during the bargaining process.

i'm with Marty.

edit: as for the price, i think $12k+ takes it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts