Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace the damaged Remus that came with my 01 ST4. Not too many choices out there. Anyone have any experience with Silmotor? Ideally, I'm looking for a sound similar to Termis.

Thanks,

ape

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Aren't the Silmotors the new FBF as FBF doesn't seem to really exist any longer.

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
Silmotor is as good as arrow,termi or akravovic(sp). I would be more than happy to run them on my bikes.

FBF used to import silmotor and re-badge some as fbf. Silmotor was always another bastard Italian company of Termignoni, all the top companies except Akra claim to be former termi employees. Might just be marketing but I have had no better luck with termi than sil.

·
Premium Member
5,679 Posts
Have Ti FBF, rebadged Sils, on my ST4s. Sounds mean. Nice pipes. Can’t compare them to Termis. I’ve never heard or seen Termis on an ST. Some have said there were Termis offered early on for ST2 and also that the Remus DP kit pipes are somehow Termis, but I have no idea if eaither is true.

Reactions: apehair

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ducati Performance.........

……..pipes back when I bought them for my '99 ST4 were made by Termi. I still have the box they came in. A good friend of mine had Sil Motor Ti cans on his ST4s and they sounded as good as anything.Gregg

Reactions: apehair

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
……..pipes back when I bought them for my '99 ST4 were made by Termi. I still have the box they came in. A good friend of mine had Sil Motor Ti cans on his ST4s and they sounded as good as anything.Gregg
not to say i don't believe you, but i don't - only because we never saw any termi pipes for the st series, from the start. we fitted a lot of staintunes to them, but if people wanted carbon we ordered the dp which were those no name things.

so if you could take a photo of the pipes and box that'd be great. happy to be proven wrong, because i'd like to know.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Who......

not to say i don't believe you, but i don't - only because we never saw any termi pipes for the st series, from the start. we fitted a lot of staintunes to them, but if people wanted carbon we ordered the dp which were those no name things.

so if you could take a photo of the pipes and box that'd be great. happy to be proven wrong, because i'd like to know.
..........is We?????

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
i worked at a dealership back then. we never saw any termi pipes to suit any of the st series, that's why i'm curious. i'd be happy to see that you do have genuine termis to suit the st2, but we never saw or heard of any, and we sold a lot of termis for ss, monster and sbk.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Okay........

.........Know All Wanker, it’s going to take some effort to dig the box out but I’m motivated to let you live up to your signature. TTYL, Gregg

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,354 Posts
Aren't the Silmotors the new FBF as FBF doesn't seem to really exist any longer.
I bought this set of slip-ons for my 900SS in June 2012 directly from Fast by Ferracci and even back then they were using rebadged Silmoto Italia pipes. Pic 1.

Anyone have any experience with Silmotor?
I don't care much for the solid metal hanger bracket they use on their pipes. Pic 2. I plan on cutting some of the center portion out to lighten them up a bit and make them look a little more aesthetically pleasing.

Other than that I have no major nitpicks Apehair. The build quality and finish on these Silmoto pipes is remarkably good.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looking to replace the damaged Remus that came with my 01 ST4. Not too many choices out there. Anyone have any experience with Silmotor? Ideally, I'm looking for a sound similar to Termis.

Thanks,

ape
You'll be happy enough with the Sil Motor slip-ons when compared to Termignoni, pretty similar. Sold quite a few of their headers for the old Supersport models back in the day too.

·
Registered
825 Posts
The expert...............

………..has spoken.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
………..has spoken.
Belter is right about the pics, they're not Termi's. Easiest way to tell is the rivet bands, on Termis they're just a stainless strip pressed with oval cut outs between the rivet holes, on the bike in the pic the rivet bands roll over the edge of the carbon for a nicer finish. The Termis have a nice rounded edge on the stainless flare that butts up against the edge of the C/F.
The outlets on those is too nice as well, Termis have a plain outlet with a rolled edge.

Almost all the Termi slip on's had a pressed alloy bracket that bolted to a steel inner skin through holes in the C/F, straps were usually supplied on full systems where the C/F tubes are thicker with no internal brackets to keep weight down.

Sorry mate, not to say they're not nice pipes, but i'm pretty sure they're Gia.co.Moto who supplied most of the DP stuff.

And i like SilMotor, and Arrow, although they get loud very quickly, the Gia.Co.Moto stuff is nice too, Termignoni and Akropovic are on another level though, for different reasons, the Akro stuff is gorgeous, very nicely made, perfect fit and a nice deep note.
The Termignoni race systems in my experience make good power and internally (where it really matters) are flawless, the exterior is raw, purposeful but often the fit is atrocious, I have a full 70mm on my R which is an acceptable fit and i also have a 50mm "Daytona" Spaghetti system on my 888, OMG! what a bastard of a thing to fit that was! but inside it's amazing, seperated primaries for each exhaust valve all the way to the collector and all the internal welds are ground smooth, when new the internal edges were sharp enough to cut my thumb because i was stupid enough to feel them.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
What were these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
later version of the generic dp mufflers supplied for the st series. not sure who made them. they don't look like any other name brand - the dp mufflers for other models were termi or remus.

we used to find with these that, although you could order left or right individually, if you did so (for a crash repair for instance) that the one you got didn't match the one on it. just minor differences - outlet different lengths, stuff like that.

so you always ordered a pair.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts