Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a new to me 08 multi 1100s. There is not much left on the exhaust market for this bike. I looked at Termi, but thats close to 50% of what I paid for the bike before the ECU and tune. Zard is available, as is a pice together Arrow, but nothing as a complete system. There is also a QD Xbox Exhaust still available. Zard has 3 options, a race version, a db killer system and one with removable baffles. All complete systems and much much more affordable. I did seach for Zard here and had no results and was hoping for experiences and opinions. Thank you.
nd

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I have a new to me 08 multi 1100s. There is not much left on the exhaust market for this bike. I looked at Termi, but thats close to 50% of what I paid for the bike before the ECU and tune. Zard is available, as is a pice together Arrow, but nothing as a complete system. There is also a QD Xbox Exhaust still available. Zard has 3 options, a race version, a db killer system and one with removable baffles. All complete systems and much much more affordable. I did seach for Zard here and had no results and was hoping for experiences and opinions. Thank you.
nd

I have an '07 MTS1100S and found myself in the same spot you are right now. I was close to springing for the Zard (high quality, handsome Italian piece), but simply couldn't justify the cost for my "touring" bike. I bought a Wolfman duffel bag to augment my Givi topcase and kept the rest of the bike stock except for a ZG Touring screen, a set of G2 hand guards, Oberon clutch slave cylinder, and an STM oil breather valve. I ended up really liking the relative quiet of the stock exhaust as I'm out doing multi Multistrada things...

But anyway, yeah... Zard, then prepare to tune the fueling to perfection.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Old thread but I'll add my $0.02. Just picked up a beautiful '08 1100s that had a Zard installed on it. It sounds and looks great and the bike is really responsive. Have had a number of other exhausts but always liked the look of the Zards. Pricey but a solid upgrade.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I've got a '07 1100S, as a project bike. The bike is in numerous pieces, but the exhaust is a major 'styling' componet of the bike. I'm not a big fan of under the tail exhuast, and have several ideas regarding how I'm gonna do it (1 being like the Davies 1199R exhaust in WSBK). IF I end up with an UTT exhaust, I'd get cans I liked visually and then fabricate brackets/etc. BTW....the plan is for the bike will have clip ons (4"ers) + a fairing off a 1190/1299. The fairing will be raised a few inches so that I can ride her (career injuries!).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts