Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fun idea. The law enforcement here begin to have sonometer to make test on side of the roads for the db of our exhausts.

So the plan would be to have a little switch somewhere to close the valve when i want or need it.

I guess it's a stepper motor that drive the cable? Maybe i could replace this with some kind of actuator?

I know this is useless for most of you but if someone have an idea...

edit: i must add the valve is disabled in my map now. Hopefully the vavle closed would keep my akras under 100db.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could also be useful to leave the neighborhood early in the morning.

Would like to use the existing servo if possible. But i have no clue how to use it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Could also be useful to leave the neighborhood early in the morning.

Would like to use the existing servo if possible. But i have no clue how to use it.
tough luck using the stock servo, unless you know the wiring for the 6 pins it would be an expensive paperweight. You will also need to know more information like current needed and the correct PWM.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Using the stock stepper motor will be a lot of trouble, if your valve is disabled in your map and ditching the motor won't throw a CEL I'd just use a 12V solenoid direct wired (through a fused lead) attached to the existing exhaust valve cable. Something like what you see on automotive starters to kick the bendix gear out would probably work if you have some fabrication skills.

·
Registered
252 Posts
It might even be possible to valve the mufflers and operate them from a remote, which would be perfect for a bike. I have a pair of mufflers on my car which are offered in a version with that exact option (though I didn't spring for the remote). This company is small enough that they might answer a few questions about the feasibility of fitting a similar system into a motorcycle exhaust.

Qp Larini Systems - Sport Mufflers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts