Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any luck with cutting a second hole in the airbox cover like the DP performance airbox cover? Just wondering if it does anything on a stock set-up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i just put on a set of cone filters that ca cycleworks provided with their tank kit and they work very well. i have no idea how much the filters themselves cost, but it can't be much. it smoothed the throttle out a lot and also pushed the torque curve up by about 1k rpm. it also makes the bike much louder, in a good way. just a thought to throw out there as the filters can't cost much. good luck.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have read it does make a difference. Even with just slip ons on mine (stock ecu) I could feel the extra punch.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
You really need to familiarize yourself with the forum's "search" function.

B

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Search function? Is that the thing that brought up a search result on how to modify every other Ducati airbox except the Hyper?

·
booyakasha!
916 Posts
Get into root forum of the Hypermotard. Not the one for the entire website. Use the RED "Search This Forum" link.

not the grey "Search" link

...and you'll find stuff for the Hyper.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Anyone had any luck with cutting a second hole in the airbox cover like the DP performance airbox cover? Just wondering if it does anything on a stock set-up.
Yes I have done this and also added the fatduc to richen slightly which has made the bike crisper in performance and runs noticably cooler.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I cut a three inch hole in the top of the lid directly above airfilter. Wow! Nice improvement. I don't know if it really bumped the HP or its just making better use of of the HP it has. It sounds wicked, that alone was worth the mod.
I need to put my Fat Duc back on. I can't say that it was running any leaner but it wasn't pinging or falling on its face as if it was lean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts