Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the BIP has a wet clutch on it, and I wish that these bikes still had the dry clutch on the because I really like the look of having and open clutch cover and the sound that goes with them. I have seen a few bikes around that have a closed clutch cover but have a viewable window on them so you can still see the clutch moving, and think it looks pretty cool. My question is can you buy these covers some where or is this some sort of custom job. I would much rather just buy one and bolt it on rather then fabricating something. Also has anyone on this board converted their wet clutch to a dry clutch on the Sport 1000 bip? If so how much does something like that run?

Thank you

·
Registered
758 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
That's one of the all time greatest mods!! Killer!! :D

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Open cover on a wet clutch...

Here's how I did it:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=40085&highlight=lexan

And after a year there are no leaks and I couldn't be happier.

Well apart from all the people at the coffee shop who keep looking at it and asking about how I did it and cutting into my riding time
I would love to do that but I don't really have the tools or the know how to do something like that... It is too bad there isn't something like this available that you could just buy and bolt on. I don't know know why Ducati went to the wet clutch after 06 models.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've had some of the same thoughts, especially when I saw the covers this guy is making for KTM's. Maybe he could make something for Duc's....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts