Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone running an open clutch cover with the stock pressure plate has some pics?

Was thinking about getting this cover:

http://store.proitalia.com/efx4600.html

It looks like the least likely candidate to ingest some part of my gear given its location relative to the footpegs on the Hyper, and figured it's not open enough to really bother with a funky pressure plate, just new caps and springs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Curious if anyone running an open clutch cover with the stock pressure plate has some pics?

Was thinking about getting this cover:

http://store.proitalia.com/efx4600.html

It looks like the least likely candidate to ingest some part of my gear given its location relative to the footpegs on the Hyper, and figured it's not open enough to really bother with a funky pressure plate, just new caps and springs.
I'm no expert, but aren't the ones you install aftermarket designed to move the air around the clutch?
I've wondered about things getting into the open styles. Especially my little ones finges:eek:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yea I am runnin a stock pressure plate, but wanted to get an open cover on quick because its gettin hot out here... Kudos to Shift Tech for their stuff....!!! Very nice.. Thats their string style cover.. Red speedy moto plate when I get around to it.. Shift tech is on this forum and will give you 10% off and free shipping!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
The stock plate is fine. the stock springs aren't stainless and will rust from what I understand.

·
Registered
2008 Ducati Hypermotard
1,195 Posts
I had an AF plate but when I went to mount a gold spyder retainer, it wouldn't fit. The stock springs will rust and look horrible. So, you will at least need some Stainless springs and retainers. Now I use the stock plate with SS springs and the gold spyder retainer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The stock springs will rust, but stainless springs and caps are cheap. Ducati Omaha does powder coated stock pressure plates (red/gold/black) for like $50 exchange with yours. Springs/caps/plate....all for like $80??? Looks great under the open cover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts