Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poorly after meeting a cattle grid........:(

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The Trough of Bowland again mate (Our hallowed turf)

Usual run thro as usual but they have fitted a new cattle grid on a section & bottoming out on it after being airbourne and had a disastrous affect.

Ended up getting a mate to pick it up in the van.

Will be inspecting it later when i get home. Ordered all the bits and going to drill the bolts out and retap the threads (or helicoil)

Should be ok

Another 5mm lower & i reckon the bottom end would have smashed & flirted me right off..

Not even touched the bottom rad or exhaust which upon inspection appears lower that the plate

We found the bottom plate. It was in the cattle grid....:eek:

Very lucky as the tyre has about a litre of fully synth on it

·
Registered
549 Posts
Damn! That's brutal. Glad you are OK. Did they just recently install this cattle grid? Sounds like a road you have been down before... Glad you are OK.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Bloody hell Dave you were lucky!! You probably have but I would check your frame/engine bolts or buy new ones just in case. You must of given that a clouting.
How did the new cattle grid fair?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Damn, just sitting here reading this I am sucking up clothing material. I can only imagine what your thoughts were.

Best of luck getting it fixed. WOW.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn, just sitting here reading this I am sucking up clothing material. I can only imagine what your thoughts were.

Best of luck getting it fixed. WOW.
Well i didnt think too much of it at the time as i was flying & i thought the suspension had bottomed out.

I did go another 1/3 of a mile before the engine light came on & Gaz was waving me to stop

Only when i turned off the engine did the oil drop out, The circulation of the engine must have kept most of it in.

Ah well. At least i didnt bin it or fall off. We did manage to use some of the oil to put on a rag & light a fire until the van came so that was a bonus
Also it was a lovely brown colour & had good viscosity.

·
Temporary greeter
23,076 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
So lucky and bloody unlucky at the same time there! Infuriating tho

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
[email protected]#&'n hell.
Glad you made it out safely to be able to fix her back up.
That must have been quite the shot to tear it off like that.
Good on you for holding it together.

-cheers

·
Registered
106 Posts
WOW that's nuts. Glad you're ok and we're not thrown off because of it.

btw what the hell is a cattle grid?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bummer. Glad you're okay. I was just admiring how you detailed her up in the other thread.

Crazy thing is how clean she still looks.

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
It's obvious that your bike suffered from motion sickness well before you did. Glad you kept it upright! Jeeze!!!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All 4 bolts now removed so we are moving along. Just waiting for the new parts to arrive

1 - 20 of 51 Posts