Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, you know how it is. ...I put out a few feelers to find a second bike for the wife, and "accidentally" came across this PS.

The price was right ;) but I had to go from London to Oostende in Belgium via Northern France to get the bike, then ride to Brussels to get 'transfer plates' and temporary registration so I could legally ride it back to the UK.

About 10 hours and 350 miles later and I'm at home looking at her parked up in my drive!!!

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Congrats, looks like a beautiful unadulterated PS. Are you planning on doing a lot of modifications?

·
Mr Leakered
8,820 Posts
In case you didn't notice, there's a gnome trying on your helmet, or maybe walking off with it. =P

Beautiful machine. Enjoy it! Is it going to be the Wife's bike? If so, sooooo coool!

Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats, looks like a beautiful unadulterated PS. Are you planning on doing a lot of modifications?
Hmmmm...
Well, when I first saw the bike I thought it would be an investment opportunity, a bike to buy and sell.

...Then I thought I should keep it, but take the faring off and turn it into the ultimate naked PS, and let the wife ride my Biposto... :eek:

...But now I have the bike and have crossed three countries on it at high speed, I've fallen for the fairing and may keep that on after all...

Mods will be modest; It already has the full Termi system and race ECU. So, next up, a Diopa seat, relocate reg/rec, bar mounted mirrors, invisible indicators, small rear light, Shorai LiFePo battery, de-bling the gauges, black rims with stainless spokes, new sprockets (shorter gearing) and of course new tyres!!!

In case you didn't notice, there's a gnome trying on your helmet, or maybe walking off with it. =P

Beautiful machine. Enjoy it! Is it going to be the Wife's bike? If so, sooooo coool!

Have a good one.
Damn those Belgian gnomes!!! Luckily I got the lid back before I left.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Mods will be modest; It already has the full Termi system and race ECU. So, next up, a Diopa seat, relocate reg/rec, bar mounted mirrors, invisible indicators, small rear light, Shorai LiFePo battery, de-bling the gauges, black rims with stainless spokes, new sprockets (shorter gearing) and of course new tyres!!!
lol yea sounds quite modest, especially by British standards :p congrats on the new bike, that's a hell of a couple's combo

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol yea sounds quite modest, especially by British standards :p congrats on the new bike, that's a hell of a couple's combo
Well, modest compared to some guys on here, with bikes that are dripping with NCR goodies, ($3k pipes!) carbon Alpinas, engine internals... The quality of work, components and man-hours in some of the best bikes on here is amazing! ...My stuff is cheap & easy tinkering in comparison.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
That's a hell of an "accident". Wish a Panigale would "accidentally" end up in my driveway.

·
301 Posts
Congratulations Dutch! Let the spending begin!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Bravo!!

Say, I've got a question... how'd you get from France to UK? I know there's a chunnel and ferries, but how do you keep it from tipping over?

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
You cannot say "oops" when you drove 350 miles to get it like it was an accident, jeez that like banging 20 chicks w/ no protection and saying 'oops I caught something'
Nice bike man.
:D

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Lets see now ...if I could just get this Euro bike over to the shop and get a closer look :think:..... ding dong "Fedex with a crate for Muzzmann" ....rolls bike around to shop......hmmmm ...better give it the once over ....lets see now...off with the fairing, tank, seat ...ok...hmmm is that a chip in the frame paint ? :eek: ...and darn the finish on the engine is a bit dull....:crazy:....ah heck its not that bad .....

one week later .......

yyeessshhhh.......

Nice buy Dutch ! Take my advise ...just you and the Mrs. ride it !! :D

Muzz

·
Registered
365 Posts
Good on you, Dutch. She's beautiful. I guess you took the Dover-Calais ferry. I lived in Ostend (Oostende) about 10 years ago. Fun seaside town ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts